Palo Alto Networks DNS Security Review

Good DNS filtering, scalable, and highly-integrated

What is our primary use case?

We have a Palo Alto firewall in our data center and we use this product for DNS filtering. With respect to the DNS, everything is being processed.

How has it helped my organization?

This product is used in our organization to prevent all of the potential threats that we expect from the internet. It includes everything that can reach the end-user from the internet.

It handles everything that is DNS-related that originates from an untrusted zone.

This is beneficial for us because we are in the process of migrating everything from on-premises to the cloud. We have already migrated our email and OneDrive. Will hopefully be on Office 365 soon.

As far as I'm concerned, the DNS duties should be on the cloud as well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is DNS filtering.

This is a highly-integrated system tool.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have cloud-based management.

I would like to see integration with Cisco Meraki so that they can work together on DNS issues.

We have been using Palo Alto Networks DNS Security for between six and seven years.

This product has been doing well and we have no complaints about stability.

This is a scalable solution. We have about 1,200 users.

We have two people who are in charge of security and work with this product.

What other advice do I have?

For us, this is the best product that we have used. Nonetheless, I will recommend it only once they have integration with Cisco Meraki so that the two technologies can work together.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Infoblox and others in DNS Security. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.