Pentaho Data Integration Review

​We have been able to expose data services through the use of CDA relying on the same database as the reporting tools.

What is most valuable?

Its ability of blending data and the dashboarding with C*TOOLS for creating responsive single page apps.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to expose data services through the use of CDA relying on the same database as the reporting tools, thus avoiding inconsistencies among the data shown by reports and data acquired by external systems.

What needs improvement?

The User Console, aka workspace, and the development of dashboards. They work but they require some programmer skills. This means a continous application management on behalf of IT dept.

I've used it for six years.

There were issues, but they were solved with help from tech support.

It depends, as it takes usually a long time, and some answers are just a way to acquire time and the commitment seems poor. However, when you finally get to an engineer your are likely to have your problem solved in a few days.

We used Microstrategy, Cognos, and Business Objects. The pricing was the key driver, but also the open source licensing which made us think we would have been able to develop on our own improvements. This didn't happen because primarily of the few resources we effectively put on development.

It's complex because of the lack of documentation and the absence of an installer for Linux.

We did it in-house one, and we had to hire some developers for some months with Java skills.

What other advice do I have?

Have a vision, and do not let yourself be guided by the technology.

More Pentaho Data Integration reviews from users