Micro Focus ALM Quality Center Review

The Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA) feature can analyze objects on SAP transport requests to create a Test Set according to scenarios created.

What is most valuable?

All features have their own value, but the most valuable ones are--

• Customizations
  • SAP Solution Manager integration
  • Test set building

How has it helped my organization?

Change Management integration - The ability to create change documents on Solution Manager linked to an event and to change its status according to ALM status or to customize it. This is new and I've only used it on one project so far.

Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA) - It can analyze objects on SAP transport requests to create a Test Set according to scenarios created. Also, because ALM is integrated with blueprints that generate requirements that are converted into a test scenario to validate the changes, it checks if those changes will cause an impact on the selected business process.

Manage Regression Testing and Integrated Test - It's the most important and most popular feature for all the projects I have worked on.

I've been using it for five years, and currently use it alongside HP ALM v11.52.

We had problems with Solution Manager/SAP integration and use through customizing RFC calls.

Not with the tool. Usually problems happens because of a network delay or instability.

An HP expertise team was put together for implementation if needed, but there was no need for them.

10/10

10/10.

I had already used IBM Rational, which is good too, but the HP tool is more complete.

It was done in-house. The team that works here has experience with HP Quality Center and ALM on other projects. The team expertise is high.

Depends on how much you pay for this product and the size of the project. For a big project, it's a great tool that will help a lot.

What other advice do I have?

Use all that his product can offer as there is no need to buy others that can do the same tasks that HP Quality Center does. It's a complete tool that you can customize according to business/IT/user needs.