Quality Center Review

I use it as one tool, from requirement tracking to defect tracking, but it is expensive.

Valuable Features

QA Test Management is good. The menus have changed over the years which is nice, and now it is also integrated with other defect tracking systems. Before, it was only compatible with QTP.

Improvements to My Organization

We used to use Excel spreadsheets. Using Quality Center as one tool helped us to track just one tool from beginning to end.

Report summaries help me to figure out where a project stands and how much work is left for the QA team to complete.

Room for Improvement

• This is a great test management tool, but it is very expensive. The price needs to be affordable as it's high priced when compared to other test management tools with similar functions.
  • SpiraTest and QMetry can be used on iPhone, iPad, etc., but I am not sure whether Quality Center also works on iOS platforms or Android devises.
  • Use a SCRUM board extension to make it more usable for Agile.
  • It needs to integrate better with other vendor software, e.g. JIRA, Selenium IDE, and SoapUI.
  • It should be easier to use like SpiraTest or QMetry.

Use of Solution

I've used it since 2005.

No issues encountered.

Sometimes it runs fast, and sometimes it runs slow.

It has scaled for our use.

They used to respond in 24 to 48 hours, now it's longer, and when compared to SpiraTest, it's not that great.

I used the software version of Quality Center, and the initial set-up was straightforward. After changing it to the web version, it was much better.

Implementation Team

It was implemented before I joined the company.

ROI

6/10.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's priced high, and they should look into it to make it more competitive.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at SpiraTest, and it is more affordable than Quality Center.

Other Advice

Check the price and compare to other available tools in the market and decide select the one best fits the needs.