SAS Data Integration Server Review

Enables us to maintain customer data, policy, and products but it should have better integration into other software

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to maintain customer data, policy, products, and other administrative information for financial institutions.

What needs improvement?

Something that could improve is writing SQL to integration studio because it is not that straightforward. There should be better integration with other software. I believe the process is where the problem lies. It's a niche technology that does not interact with many DB connectors. For example, if you need to connect the CD tool, you need to have a specific connector. We've been facing some issues with that for some time and we always had to go to the SAS partners to ask for their hotfix. So I would like to see that being improved.

I have been using SAS Data Integration Server for almost three years now.

The solution is very stable.

I believe the program is scalable. Whenever we have issues with the product or if we feel that something should be modified, we contact the support team. They are usually accessible and they provide the success or measure versions we need.

I think the technical support could be better. You can imagine that a US-based company has interviews all over Europe, but mostly they operate based on partnerships. For example, if you need to look at something, they always have external partners that you should use.

Our deployment team was responsible for the initial setup and deployment.

It is a rather expensive program.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to use the demo version first. I will rate this product a seven out of ten.