ServiceMax Review

My clients became more productive as they view the data in real time, yet because you can only dispatch a work order for a maximum of 14 days, it doesn't quite work for enterprise organizations.

What is most valuable?

It is more valuable to the client than to me. Their field engineers use ServiceMax on an iPad app to capture information on the product that they are working on. They can also use the mobile for laptop app on their laptops and capture information while offline.

How has it helped my organization?

The client's organization became more productive as they view the data in real time.

What needs improvement?

On ServiceMax Dispatching Management, they have a limitation where you can only dispatch a work order for a maximum of 14 days. A lot of companies in the service industry have projects that last for more than 14 days, so this doesn't quite work for enterprise organizations.

I've used it for three years.

No issues encountered.

Their customer service is very good.

It is straightforward, but because different businesses have different processes, it will need a lot of configuration to fit business needs.

I am an implementation specialist and work with different consulting firms. Be sure to ask specific questions with their account executives with regards to the different licenses, e.g. what does it mean having a ServiceMax license? Does it go with their Salesforce license, etc.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a ServiceMax partner.