Sumo Logic Review

We can ingest logs and make reports out of them. It is a good tool which can help us monitor any issues.

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily for storing logs, then making reports out of the logs and also alert. If something goes up or down, or reaches a threshold, then we are on alert for that.

How has it helped my organization?

We push logs through Sumo Logic. The prime example is logs from our firewall. We have been pushing logs through Sumo Logic. Then, from there, we were able to generate reports which shows us security risks. In a way, it gives us a bird's eye view of what's happening from our connection's point of view.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvement in the user experience when configuring things, ingesting logs, and creating ports.

Going forward, I would like more templates for reports, especially for common vendors, firewalls, and routers. That would be fantastic.

The stability is good. I have never had any issues with it.

The scalability is good. You can get as much as you want.

Our environment is very small. However, we are beginning to ramp up by pushing logs through Sumo Logic, as we progress with our cloud migration.

The technical support is fantastic.

The initial setup is the most stressful, like learning how to use it. Once you get hang of it, it should be all right.

I have had minimal experience of using Sumo Logic with the cloud. However, I think it's a matter of providing user credentials on your AWS account. I know they have different apps for AWS which you can easily use.

What other advice do I have?

It satisfied what we required of it, but there's still room for improvement in terms of adding applications. Also, there is a little more improvement needed in terms of guiding users on the start up process.

Look at your functionalities, features, and how appropriate the solution is with what you need. Sumo Logic does give a lot of monitoring ability, even ingesting logs and integrating dashboard reports. You can do reports and alarms, which will aid whomever in the management of their infrastructure.