Talend Data Quality Review

We found the Portal installation straightforward. However, it stopped working one day and we still cannot bring it back up and running, even with a reinstall.

What is our primary use case?

We have a legacy system (Wins + DB2), which stores all our data.

For reporting purposes (from SQL), we need to analyze data. We use it for making decisions, for example, if we want to display data elements in our reports based on if a column ever gets a value entered by user or what are distinct values that we are receiving for transformation purposes.

We use it to check patterns, like zip code, state codes, and phone numbers.

We also check data value frequency for business decision in mapping from one system to another.

How has it helped my organization?

With its frequency function, we were able to pick a line of business to be addressed first in one of our conversion projects.

What is most valuable?

We have used value frequency and patterns. We have been it impressed with these functions as they have helped us in making decisions in transformation work.

What needs improvement?

• Displaying columns, which are not part of join, in redundancy analysis.
  • You can't join more than two tables for analysis.
  • SQL for displaying underlying data in non-match results does not work.

Less than one year.

In redundancy analysis, the query is failing to bring non-matched records. This query is an internal script. There is no way (that I know of) to fix this syntax error for future runs.

We have not worked extensively on this tool to comment on its scalability.

We have not used technical support for DQ.

We were using an SQL and Excel combination.

We did not purchase a separate license for DQ. It is part of our data platform suite, and I believe it is well-priced.

No. But we use Talend DI and ESB so wanted to explore this feature as well.

What other advice do I have?

The Studio is easy to understand. The analysis and reports are easy to build as well. We have been using it for the past four to six months now. We do not have many analyses created though. Since our Portal is not working, we are not using it to its full potential, which I want us to use. Therefore, this product has room for improvement.

1 visitor found this review helpful