Trend Micro Mobile Security Review

Heightened mobile protection that is user-friendly and offers lots of custom features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our clients and apply it to some mobile drives. We take our IRIS file and connect the solution to our mobile devices so that there's more firm protection.

We have some GPS locations and we can tag devices on the Trend Micro Mobile Protection server. This way, we can find them if they are lost. We can lock the device from our servers. If someone finds anything and tries to take the data, we can block the data or delete it. Also, if there's a hypermobile we can get special permission from our side and add that permission on our server so we can add items onto our SIEM card for mobile protection.

What is most valuable?

The fact that protection is heightened is the solution's most valuable aspect.

You can access your mobile system wherever your mobile is located and you can check the customers that are there.

There are many interesting features, but the most interesting is the ability to flag your system and mobile device from your server.

The solution offers a lot of custom features.

The system is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, when generating random numbers to our mobile feed the random number doesn't work. We mainly deal with QR codes because of this. If they could fix the random number generator that would be helpful.

I did my first deployment of Trend Micro in 2018 and my second deployment in February of 2019.

The solution is stable.

I have seen other products for mobile protection but I really like Trend Micro because it's different. I can manage my server and my mobile because both are connected to the terminal. It's great.

The solution is scalable. It gives you a lot of features and it is easy to enter any ticket. Anyone can work on it. If he or she has some background in mobile protection, they can easily manage it.

I'm working on the vendor side and we provide support for a government bank in Pakistan. The bank bought a license package of 2,500 but are only using 500 licenses currently, so they can still scale quite a bit when they need to

The technical support for the solution is awesome. When we have to open a case for any user, they do a review of it and give it to the call center for us so that the technical support team can be more efficient in regards to addressing the underlying problem. They handle all of the issues.

I currently also use Kaspersky Security for end-to-end protection. However, I don't use any mobile protection from them. This is the first time that I worked with Trend Micro Mobile Protection.

The initial setup is very simple. We needed a vendor machine solution in 2016. We got two machines that were maybe 16GB RAM or 8GB RAM, depending on the requirements that were needed at the time. With this rather straightforward setup, it was easy to install. After installation, we implemented everything quickly and all the features were available to us. Trend Micro products, all their products, are very user-friendly so everyone can easily manage it.

We deployed multiple products at the time we did the implementation, not just Mobile Security. Our customer on the project was a bank. Due to the fact that it was more than one product, it took some more time. It may have taken two or three days.

I handled the implementation myself but I had some queries which I discussed with Trend Micro. After installation, I discussed some issues with them and consultants and they helped me work through the process. No one else helped me or did the job for me. They just taught me what I needed to do.

Each license costs about $10/year. It's fairly inexpensive because it's a new product. In Pakistan, no more than two or three companies can apply for mobile protection right now. I don't know if there are ancillary costs above the standard licensing fee.

I am working in a vendor company that partners with Trend Micro here in Pakistan, so this why we use it.

What other advice do I have?

When we originally deployed the solution it was an old version, however, now we are up to date with the newest version. It may be version 9.5 or 9.6.

I'd recommend the solution because it is so customizable and user-friendly. I'd rate it ten out of ten.