Tufin Review

Valuable Features

The ability to create out of the box reporting and to have real time awareness of the changes in our environment.

Our operations team will make firewall rule changes and I actually get an email telling me everything that's been done. The way that we have the two things set up it will actually link to the change control that they're doing the work under. I'm then able to review and say "okay, this is what they said they were going to do, this is what they actually did and it's done compliantly."

The reporting simplifies the ability to report towards the business about how our rules are being used so we can make sure the security is always optimally maintained.

Improvements to My Organization

We currently use it at the most fundamental levels. There are a lot of advanced features that we've investigated but the real core strength is for our compliance team to be able to pull the rule usage reports.

Room for Improvement

When we were an early adopter and there were things that were not there, Tufin was very anxious to understand what the need was and then figure out how to integrate it into the product

Use of Solution

Over 5 years.

It's reaching the edge of stability since we're putting a very strong demand on it. The resources within it are starting to now be challenged. We haven't had any significant issues.

We've reached the capacity of the current system and we're looking to upgrade. We went from about 100 firewalls in Tufin to almost 300. We've tripled the demand on the same appliance, but we intentionally bought a large appliance so we could grow into it.

We've used technical support and they've always been excellent.

Implementation Team

I deployed it. It was very easy. That was the one thing that we really appreciated about the product was the ease of deployment, the intuitive nature and that's what was one of it's strengths are. It came on an appliance, it was intuitive to deploy and it made it very beneficial.

Other Solutions Considered

When we selected we actually did a source selection analysis and from there we did a pilot with two of them

Other Advice

Regarding cloud solutions, it's going to be very interesting to do the security assessments with them.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.