Tufin Review

Most of the valuable features have to do with the reporting and the cleanup of policy.

Valuable Features

A lot of the most valuable features have to do with the reporting and the cleanup of policy. With our day-to-day busy lives, we just want to get the change in and implement it, and that just increases rule base exponentially. From time to time you need to go back and find duplicate services, objects, rules, and cleanup. With a lot of the cleanup effort, I think the product helps out a lot.

Tracking changes is beneficial. We get alerted immediately who made the change, what change was made, and things like that. That's probably the most valuable.

Room for Improvement

It is important to keep up to date with the vendors you support. For example, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Cisco, F5, and so on. They should make sure that Tufin supports the latest version of those products.

We upgraded to R80 two months ago, and our Tufin product hasn't been working. It's because there's no support for R80. We're hoping that Tufin supports R80 soon so we can start getting all the changes. If a vendor upgrades to a certain version, Tufin needs to provide support fairly quickly.

Also, our 20/20 vision is to be in the cloud wherever we can. Cloud first. If Tufin had any kind of management in the cloud, that's one less piece of hardware to manage in-house. Being in the cloud would definitely provide that extra missing feature.

Use of Solution

We've had it for about 3 or 4 years now.

We have not had any stability issues at all. Upgrading has been simple, no issues at all.

It is scalable. We manage about 150 firewalls. There are no issues at all.

The support portal has been quick. I actually emailed them about R80 support, and they were really fast at letting me know that it's coming in mid-2016.

Other Solutions Considered

Along with a colleague of mine, I was involved in the decision to start using Tufin a few years ago. We compared it to AlgoSec and a couple other vendors. Tufin seemed to meet our requirements at the time. Before our renewal, we are looking to re-evaluate what all the vendors have to make sure we are getting the most out of the product.

Other Advice

It's a great product. It's pretty straightforward to use. It meets our needs and great support overall.

More Tufin reviews from users
...who compared it with AlgoSec
Learn what your peers think about Tufin. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.