Tufin Review

I permanently use it for their Automatic Policy Generator, and for object lookup.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

We use Tufin for object lookup. We often get requests from the business. They give us an IP and they request something like, "We need to know what the rules are for this.", so they can add more similar rules. We go into the object lookup, give the IP that we're looking for, and then it generates a report, either Excel or PDF.

We have probably a hundred policies using Tufin.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see a little bit more of enhancement on their PCI-compliance piece. We reviewed a Skybox product. They seem to be doing a lot better than Tufin does on the PCI reports.

I think we're ready for an upgrade, it's getting kind of slow. They did tell us that you can break up the database in the actual server application into two separate units. That's supposed to make it a lot faster. I think we'll probably do that in the next upgrade.

We have seen some slowness, but I think it's because we're on some aging hardware. We're quite larger than a lot of people that probably use it too. It has been scalable for our size so far.

I actually hadn't really had the need to reach out to technical support. We're a pretty big customer of theirs, and they're always coming around. I usually deal with my technical issues when they do that.

Implementation Team

I went through one upgrade, but they already had Tufin when I arrived.

Other Solutions Considered

We did a proof of concept to compare Skybox and Tufin.

Other Advice

It’s a pretty good product. The PCI compliance piece probably accounts for the rating of 8 as opposed to ten.

As far as comparing Tufin with another product, I would just look at some of Tufin’s features like the APG that is not used that often, but it's a really good feature. They do also have an extended tool section where you can kind of get a little bit more in depth.

See it in Action