Tufin Review

We leverage the Unified Security Policy to automate some of our decision-making. The cloud-native security features are lackluster.

What is our primary use case?

Firewall automation and orchestration.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to be more efficient in our processing of firewall requests.

We use this solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules. Every change request has to go through a security approval step, but we also leverage the Unified Security Policy to automate some of that decision-making.

What is most valuable?

Workflows that help continue automation.

The change workflow process is flexible and customizable. Just about every step has some flexibility to it. While there is room for it to improve, it is very flexible to our needs.

What needs improvement?

The change impact analysis doesn't even get close to actually solving our problems. I am not impressed with it.

The solution's cloud-native security features are lackluster. They need to catch up to where the industry is at.

Our engineers still require quite a bit of manual digging to find the data that they need. It would be nice if the product would allow more flexibility around that and the workflow to present more data to correct this.

There are tons of things that the solution needs. They just need to prioritize them and get some of their customers satisfied.

It's not a very stable product. It doesn't stay up as often as I would like. It crashes at very inopportune times that we just can't afford.

It is not very good. It scales but not eloquently. It is complex and not easy for our organization to stay on top of managing it.

The technical support is okay. It's not the best, but it's not the worst.

Tufin is our first solution of this type.

It was pretty straightforward. It was not too challenging to get it going. This issue is just maintaining it.

We worked with Tufin Professional Services to do some deployment. Most of it was internal, in-house customization and put together.

I have seen ROI with this product.

We've seen a decrease of about 50 percent in the overall time it takes to complete a firewall change.

We chose Tufin because its flexibility at the time was much greater than their competition.

We did not evaluate less costly solutions.

What other advice do I have?

While it has its highlights, it has deep issues that need to be addressed.

This solution help us ensure that security policy is followed across our hybrid network.

Our company doesn't really have federal or regulatory compliance requirements.

Spend a lot of time testing and doing a PoC for it, before you make the final decision to go for it.

See it in Action

Schedule Your Tufin Demo Now

1 Comment
KarenCrowleyVendor

Hi! Thanks for your review. I am so happy you have seen a 50% decrease in the time it takes to make firewall changes and are finding value in automation. I would like to address this comment "The solution's cloud-native security features are lackluster. They need to catch up to where the industry is at." At present Tufin's cloud-native security product (Iris) is still in beta - so I would love to explore more about what you are trying to accomplish. Tufin strives to meet our customers' needs. When working with some of the most complex configurations it is difficult to cover every conceivable possibility and while not perfect we continue to improve our capabilities to help customers do more with automation and scale their deployments. If you are not in touch with us to solve some of the challenges that are specific to your organization, please reach out to me!

09 March 19