Tufin Review

The change impact analysis capabilities of this solution are good

What is our primary use case?

We are using SecureChange to start orchestrating a lot of our changes. Our users can then request changes instead of having to go directly to us. We are trying to automate some of those pieces.

How has it helped my organization?

The visibility is very good. We have managers who are overseeing it, and they are approving things through it.

The whole process is flexible and customizable. We are building the matrix, then we're putting in exceptions. We have to add manual exceptions into it, and they have to come to us first before they can get it approved, which is good.

We use this solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules. Similar to what we are doing with Azure, where they request a change, and if it violates policies, it gets kicked back. Then, we have to review it and figure out what they're doing. We can then move forward with it, if it's approved.

What is most valuable?

• The Orchestration
  • The way that users can access it directly.
  • The change impact analysis capabilities of this solution are good.

What needs improvement?

• The hardest piece is getting the matrix built.
  • Room for improvement includes how we are pulling the routing cables and getting SNMP enabled.
  • Tufin could provide a train for running its reports and showing people how to use them.

The solution is very stable. We've upgraded several times and not had any issues. For stability, it's perfect.

We're in the process of scaling it. We started off small, and now, we're enlarging it to cover more of the enterprise. The scalability is good.

I haven't used technical support. My colleague has, and they are very good. They work through solutions.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. It communicating with the firewalls and management server were the big pieces.

Well when we first started, it was through a reseller. Then, as we're bringing in SecureChange, we have been doing it all that ourselves.

The reseller was Structured Communications, who is in Portland. It was part of a package deal that we built with them. Our experience with them was good. We used them a lot.

We don't have to go through our firewall group, who actually does the rules. They don't have to create tickets to send to us, then take a couple of days to get all that stuff built and put in place. Now, it is usually the same day, or within a day.

This solution helped us to reduce the time it takes to make changes. We used to spend up to an hour to do a change, and now, it's around five minutes.

Engineers are spending less time on manual processes. They are now spending half their time on manually processes, 20 to 30 minutes, because we don't have to go out and touch things anymore.

We're still in the process of implementing things, so we haven't really seen a lot of return yet, but we're hoping.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution, somewhat easy to implement, and gives you a lot of information. It takes time to learn all the little nuances of it.

I don't think we're using cloud native security quite yet.

1 visitor found this review helpful