Tufin Review

It's pretty useful when you have an audit going on, but I don't like the way the reports are shown

What is our primary use case?

We use it for advanced reporting and root analysis. In some cases for clients, we use it for root deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

Some clients wanted to have more latitude with root deployment. Instead of deploying through us every time, they want to deploy a new root, making quick roots or small roots, like adding an object to a root. They now have the possibility to go direct.

It has helped our clients to meet their compliance mandates. They will ask us for evidence that we can provide them.

What is most valuable?

The analysis is the most valuable feature. People see it first and that is why they want in their enterprises, then they start explore the other features.

It provides a great visibility around the roots: Root implementing which can be done, roots that have changed, and what has been done. So, it's pretty useful when you have an audit going on.

What needs improvement?

I would rate their reports as a four out of ten. I don't like the way that they are shown. It is too hard to export and send them to our clients.

We are switching to AlgoSec. It's a corporate decision. There's probably room for improvement.

It is pretty stable. We have more issues with the VMs than with the software.

We have not had any issues with scalability. When we needed more power, we just added a new server, and that was straightforward. So, it is pretty scalable.

I have not personally used Tufin's technical support.

The last time that we initialed setup, it was straightforward.

If you want to install a new root automatically using the tool, the change impact analysis capabilities are useful.

We deployed it in-house.

This solution helps us to reduce the time it takes to make changes (by 10 to 15 percent).

We are going to keep Tufin as is, but we are going to add AlgoSec. The prices are comparable. We have corporate pricing with AlgoSec. The ease of use of AlgoSec is one of the reasons why we considered using it.

What other advice do I have?

You need a product like this, but look at difference solutions in the market. I would rate it a seven out of ten.

We do not use the product across our entire network. We do not use the cloud native security features.

In the future, we will use the solution to check if a change request will violate any security policy rules.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.