Tufin Review

USP and rule design are key features for us, but the business workflow needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using SecureTrack and SecureChange to make policy changes.

What is most valuable?

For us, it's all the features that Tufin provides, including the

• USP
  • rule design
  • documentation
  • implementation
  • auditing.

They're all important. We could not have one without the others.

In addition, it provides greater visibility, once the setup is configured correctly. It provides a real-time sense of how the policies are configured and whether there are any shadow rules. Another great thing is that it provides greater reporting based on how the rules have been set up.

What needs improvement?

There are at least two things that need improvement. One is the business workflow and the second is the integration with logging solutions.

The product is stable. Regardless of the software we are running, the current or the new one, it is stable.

The solution is scalable if we have to add more devices, more distinct resources, or also high availability. That's part of the solution. It's not like after-thought, it's there.

Tech support is very helpful. If there are any issues, we bring them to support and they get addressed immediately.

What other advice do I have?

You should definitely be looking at this as in your top-two choices, before even considering any other solutions.

We are in the midst of a transition, going to a newer version. All the features which I talked about above, we want to implement them in a new production infrastructure. We are working with Tufin and Professional Services very closely, so we can enable it. There is the old way - the way we are using it - versus the way we want to. It is not there yet.

Currently, it's not helping us meet compliance mandates, but the new way will definitely help us to meet them. In addition, once we go with the new way of doing things, the solution will ensure that security policy is followed across our entire hybrid network. At that point it will follow business practices.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.