Veritas SaaS Backup Review

Excels in performance and delivery and is very comprehensive

What is most valuable?

It's very comprehensive. It's one of the first brands to appear in its field. It has minor issues like compatibility and support. The software had a lot of bugs but as time has gone by the bugs were corrected. More features were added and optimized.

I have a higher education programming background, so I know how that works. I also like other software options.

Every single possible target has been added over time. People come for other solutions. We have a high-level relationship with the manufacturers so we have access to other features that they required.

What needs improvement?

Licensing has been a struggle. It went from bronze, silver to gold. Licensing needs more sophistication. It has features that are sold as separate add-ons.

I have been using it for around five years.

Technical support has been great.

They have features that are overpriced and some that are fair. The mid-sized market isn't so great to judge the prices. It probably meets global needs. Overall, the pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It excels in performance and delivery but they are quiet on the market. They don't do a lot of marketing. There are plenty of IT people who haven't heard of Veritas so it's harder to sell.

I would recommend this solution. IT infrastructure reaches a point where it needs backup. There are freeware or cheaper options but those are only good for smaller companies. I would highly recommend it for mid-market to a large market.

More Veritas SaaS Backup reviews from users