Versa FlexVNF Review

Excellent virtualization and routing features with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for connecting to other branches via SD-WAN tunnels. The solution is routing data via application area polices and deprecation tools. It's a mix of a firewall and prevention software.

What is most valuable?

Versa's virtualization features are very good.

Our organization finds the application routing features extremely useful.

What needs improvement?

The UTM features can be improved. It should offer better functionality.

The features, overall, could be improved upon. There aren't in general, enough of them. It's my understanding that it's part of the roadmap, so we're likely to get some functionality in the future.

We've been using the solution for about two years now.

The solution is quite stable. We've found it to be reliable. There haven't been any noticeable bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to increase its capacity, it's easy enough to do so.

We have about 500 users on the platform currently. Some of them are hosting on the VNF, and some them are hosting on the physical advisors. It's a mixed platform. Our team uses it on a daily basis.

The technical support that the company offers is very good. They've been very supportive. We're satisfied with the level of attention they provide us.

The initial setup was challenging for us. It was a little bit difficult because the customer interface had too much audio which made it challenging. Other than that, it was pretty straightforward.

In terms of deployment, and how long it will take, it depends on the customer requirements. Sometimes it only takes 30 minutes, sometimes it takes an hour. It depends on the configuration.

We have a team of about 16 people who help deploy the solution. You only need two people to maintain the solution once you have everything up and running.

We had both an internal team and an integrator that handled the implementation. If there was some aspect our team couldn't handle, like clustering or extending, we had the integrator come in and assist.

What other advice do I have?

We're telecom operators and customers. We don't have a special relationship with the company and we aren't partners.

I would recommend the solution. I would also recommend that people have some specialists deploy and maintain it to make it easy to use.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Versa FlexVNF reviews from users