WatchGuard XTM [EOL] Review

While the wireless capability is great for roaming and seamless hand-off, there have been intermittent issues with connection dropping on Apple devices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the WatchGuard product line that we appreciate and leverage the most is the UTM security suite. That front-line of defense is invaluable in providing protection for our network, and the networks of our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

The WatchGuard SSL VPN is great for remote access to our location, and for remote support to our customer locations. It allows us to easily and securely access their network remotely to make any changes needed while supporting them.

What needs improvement?

We have been using and selling the WatchGuard product line for three years.

We have had no issues with any of the WatchGuard XTM deployments.

The WatchGuard XTM platform has been very stable.

No issues encountered.

Excellent, they have incredibly quick response to any questions, and their online customer portal is very nice.

Excellent, they have never had an issue troubleshooting our equipment or help with our clients equipment. Their ticketing system is also very helpful.

We used SonicWall. We made the switch shortly after Dell acquired them due to their continued wireless issues. WatchGuard seemed to be much more stable and scalable. We have had much better success with WatchGuard and are very glad we made the switch, especially for our customers.

Because we are an IT company, and are certified in the product, setup was very straightforward. I like the interface as it is very logical to set everything up. For a standard end-user, however, it is very complicated as an enterprise based router/firewall is not intended for the general end user to set up.

Being an IT solutions provider, we were able to purchase through our distributer and deploy in-house as we are certified in the product. We have installed this device in our offices, and many different WatchGuard products at many different locations.

The return was very fast, as it helps us to do our job very effectively and securely.

Pricing and licensing is very straightforward. No hidden fees, and applying licenses is incredibly easy.

Because we are an IT solutions provider, we looked into a few different options before deciding to proceed with WatchGuard. We looked at continuing with SonicWall, Cisco, Adtran, etc. WatchGuard was the best fit for our company as well as our clients.

What other advice do I have?

While there are many choices available today, and you won’t be disappointed if you choose to proceed with implementing a WatchGuard device. We have been using them for years, have deployed them at many locations, and have been very happy with them – as have our customers.

XTM26 with an AP200
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a WatchGuard Gold partner.
More WatchGuard XTM [EOL] reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Fortinet, Netgate and others in Firewalls. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.