WatchGuard XTM [EOL] Review

It costs less than the competition without increasing much of the CPU usage

What is most valuable?

It costs less than the SO works and others (like SonicWall, Cisco, and Barracuda) without increasing so much CPU use. But if you use, for example the SSL connections (using a certificate), the memory use will increase, but having a better product is less expensive than the SonicWall SSL inspection.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm working for a provider, supporting the clients with MSSP. The customer client needs less attention.

What needs improvement?

Syslog (Dimension) is focused on presentation, but needs more focus on utility like SonicWall syslog (GMS/Analyzer).

For three years. I have used the following versions: M400, XTM 25-W, XTM 330, XTM 515, T50, M500, XTM 330, T30, and Fireware 11.12.4.

Yes, in previous firmwares, you have problems with leaked memory using SSL inspection, problems with Active Directory when the user exists inside more than one group, and problems with site-to-site VPNs in previous firmwares - lost connection but the enlace is still up.

No, but it depends on the hardware size.

The support is poor and lazy.

It is normal like the other market competitors. There is a site-to-site VPN configuration between others people.

I like the Sonicwall interface experience better, the VPN configurations, and Active Directory (LDAP) integration for SSO.