WatchGuard XTM [EOL] Review

Protects from attack software and hacking but it doesn't provide the reports in a readable format

What is our primary use case?

We use WatchGuard XTM as a privileged access management solution.

I used another product that was supposed to be a firewall but was the wrong kind of thing. I complained about that unstable product and we switched to WatchGuard, which has been good. It's a good product.

How has it helped my organization?

The signature features of WatchGuard XTM are valuable. The product is also recommended for power firewall settings. Fireware is a good feature.

What is most valuable?

WatchGuard XTM is fairly basic. We use it as the perimeter firewall. The main point is to protect from attack software and hacking.

What needs improvement?

In my opinion, image clarity is very important, because I don't get the proper image product on reports. This means that functionality is not there.

My engineer does not know how he can replace an order. We attach a log after any kind of keys using a utility instead.

For the internet policies that we are implementing, the policy should be based on proper protocols. We use the default policies and there are a number of third-party protocols that appear here.

Management with WatchGuard XTM means that out of policy is the problem from our side. In this way, we can not do effective services for people with this one.

The policy definition with WatchGuard XTM is not proper for all use case requirements.

I've got weekly business reports that I am expecting attachments with from WatchGuard XTM that display data for all kinds of consideration which should be required.

Main User Functionality Level Order must adhere to using the admin functionality on the registry, or else our users publish their own name.

Maybe these recommendations are irrelevant, but I say that the issue to improve most with WatchGuard XTM is the Main User Function.

Less than one year.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

Scalability depends on a deeper number network and a different number of requirements. We are using a range of network addresses per person here, for the norm, and expecting to boost further without a problem.

Currently, we have connected about fifteen hundred users with plans to increase the usage. We are expanding. Right now, there is no next product solution upgrade scheduled.

Most of the competitors to WatchGuard XTM provide the same kind of setup.

Technical support with WatchGuard XTM is handled by my team.

The setup is straightforward and not complex. WatchGuard XTM is very neat and simple. It took around three months to complete.

We had a consultant for the deployment. One woman was here to assist us with implementation.

This product is made well in the sense of prospective functionality, which may not arrange properly for report constitution, i.e. helping us to constitute reports.

What we are looking for is reports on:

• Which bandwidth users were getting registered on.
  • Which users received high instead of low bandwidth.
  • Internet using functionally: what kind of person is using the internet.
  • What kind of files they have downloaded.
  • The variety of web/mobile traffic devices used.

I'm not sure of WatchGuard XTM has feature support for all of these. The support in these areas can be improved or needs to be better learned.

I would advise other users to pay attention to what kind of IT policy you are configuring. That kind of support is important when implementing WatchGuard XTM.

What other advice do I have?

One huge issue with WatchGuard XTM is that I'm not getting reports in a readable format. Readable means, I don't want Excel online. We repeat auditing when we trigger the report or setup calendar.

That functionality is what we are looking for from WatchGuard XTM here. It needs to have better functionality where you can see images in reports.

When I'm looking at the reports, which we are doing in the administrative job here, we are using other software. Changing the resolution, that makes a difference for us.

There is much that cannot be understood in the combination file but that isn't an extension file or a software problem. It is a problem with WatchGuard XTM.

What I'm looking for here are solutions that make a difference, i.e. what will the solve the problems. WatchGuard XTM provides what I am looking for in different products. I would advise someone considering this solution to put the competitors in front of you for reference.

For my take on WatchGuard XTM as a solution, I can say on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best, I would give it a six.