Boomi AtomSphere Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Integration Platform as a Service providers. It is most often compared to Mule Anypoint Platform: Boomi AtomSphere Integration vs Mule Anypoint Platform

What is Boomi AtomSphere Integration?

The Boomi AtomSphere integration platform as a service (iPaaS) supports all your application integration processes – between cloud platforms, software-as-a-service applications, and on-premises systems. Your entire team has online access to a powerful range of integration and data management capabilities, that can be realized in a fraction of the time of legacy middleware technologies.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is also known as Boomi.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Buyer's Guide

Download the Boomi AtomSphere Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Customers

DocuSign Inc., Innotas, Certent, Renesas Electronics America (REA), Kelly-Moore Paints, Mindjet, City of McKinney, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA), Daylight Transport, A10 Networks

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Boomi AtomSphere Integration pricing:
  • "The pricing is a bit complex. While the entry fee may be lower than other solutions, it could be expensive depending on your usage."
  • "This solution is very economical (based on the connections)."

OM
Digital Challenger at a tech services company with self employed
Fairly easy for a semi-technical user to configure and maintain it and is very visual

What is our primary use case?

Boomi's always a mix of a Cloud system for management. You can configure it to connect with an on-premises environment if you need to connect with on-premise data sources. But with Boomi, you don't really have to choose, it is always primarily the Cloud version, and then you just install a means of connecting to an on-premise data source if you need to and that is all.

• "This is a fairly easy-to-use tool for integration which can be self-taught for those with a bit of a technical background."
  • "The API can use some work to come up to speed with the competition but Dell has plans and is working on resolving that."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Dell Boomi AtomSphere as an eight. What would make it better from my perspective is not just a question of features. There is actually a problem in that market, and that is offering a tool that a company can use by themself without the help of a local partner. I think that is where Boomi as a tool might be just a bit too complex. On the other hand that is also the power of it because the complexity allows you to do more complex integrations. The nice thing is that it is not a case where you have to ask your…
KG
Chief Technology Officer - CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Multiple connectors and good stability for demo version

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are using the solution primarily for testing purposes. I am just experimenting with some areas. I integrate my Google account with my local account and take some data from my local to my Google drive. That's just for me to test things right now. For our customers, they have SAP systems, Oracle systems, CRM systems, etc., and all of these systems are operating with some technical assistance. They will need to transfer the data to their Datalink or data warehouse. For that, they need some integration to make it happen online. This is true for a variety of users on their systems and… more »

• "The solution has a lot of connectors, which is quite helpful."
  • "The solution is complex. There's a few items and features that are hard to understand. They should work to simplify the functionality so new users don't struggle."

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner with Dell EMC. We use the on-premises solution because of storage. In Turkey, the cloud is not available for the most part. Our customers are specifically finance organizations, and they are not allowed to use the cloud, due to country-wide regulations. Most of our implementations are on-premises. We're using the latest version to test in other environments. It's been good so far. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. For what I've seen in the live environment, it's good. However, I'm reserving a few points to see how it goes as I learn the system.
Learn what your peers think about Boomi AtomSphere Integration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HS
Technical Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good data integration, reporting, and facilitates working with big data

What is our primary use case?

We are the most popular Dell Boomi integrator in the world and the first integrator for this solution in Japan. The primary use case is to act as middleware between legacy systems and cloud-based systems. For example, it will integrate legacy systems with products like Salesforce and SAP for both master data and transactional data.

• "We work on the flow between systems and the most valuable features for that purpose are the mapping of data, interface mapping, and data integration."
  • "We would like to see more involvement between Dell Boomi and the end-users to help improve the customer experience."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is made for large companies. Smaller organizations don't use these kinds of middleware applications because AtomSphere is used to integrate between large products like SAP and Salesforce. My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to have a very good FDD. The functional description of the business processes should be very well described before starting this kind of project. Overall, this is a very good product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Venkat  Mylavarapu
Dell Boomi Integration Architect at Saidni
User-friendly, good documentation, and has lots of connectors to facilitate integration

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for creating the processes to interact with external ticketing applications by consuming the web services exposed. Creating processes for these imported services for the online booking application by exposing the APIs to the front end UI (web, mobile, KIOSK ).

• "This solution has a user-friendly interface and very good documentation with solutions that helped us in working with the tool efficiently."
  • "Lots of enhancements are needed in the API portal so that the developers can view the definitions, try out the APIs, etc."

What other advice do I have?

I would like to see dramatic improvements in API management so that the product suite can be on top.
AP
Head of Integration and NetSuite DUs at a outsourcing company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
A promising low-code and high-configuration platform that provides value for money

What is our primary use case?

On the enterprise side, lead to cash, order to procurement, procure to pay, and trouble to resolve are the use cases that we automate very rapidly by using Boomi AtomSphere Integration. On the operational side, it can be very well utilized for industrial IOP. IIOP related use cases are proactive maintenance. Boomi platform is always on the cloud, but the deployment could be on-premises. The code that we develop can be on the cloud or on-premises.

• "It is a low-code and high-configuration platform, which is very valuable. Develop once and run anywhere is another useful feature. It also has connectors for more than 200 applications. It provides value for money. Our customers who have implemented this solution have a very high ROI."
  • "They need to introduce more configurable functions to remove scripting or coding. Scripting should be minimized. It should have exhaustive functions. Currently, it lacks in this aspect."

What other advice do I have?

We will keep on implementing this solution in the future. I would definitely recommend this solution. It is a very promising product. I would rate Boomi AtomSphere Integration a nine out of ten.
BE
Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A low-code solution that could benefit from more scripting possibilities

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as normal middleware — for transformation routing. We have around 20-100 clients that use this solution.

What needs improvement?

There should be more scripting possibilities. Boomi is essentially low-code/no-code — it's very graphically oriented. If you wish to maintain it, then you'll require more scripting language.

I have been using Boomi AtomSphere Integration for roughly three years.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is stable.

We have a tight relationship with Boomi. We get support from Boomi then pass it on to our clients. The support they provide us with is very good.

How was

Download our free Boomi AtomSphere Integration Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.