Check Point SandBlast Mobile Overview

Check Point SandBlast Mobile is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Threat Defense tools. It is most often compared to Lookout: Check Point SandBlast Mobile vs Lookout

What is Check Point SandBlast Mobile?

SandBlast Mobile 3.0 offers enterprise mobile security to protect against threats to the OS, apps, and network. It offers the industry’s highest threat catch rate without impacting performance or user experience. For for information Visit
Check Point Mobile Security

Check Point SandBlast Mobile Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point SandBlast Mobile Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Check Point SandBlast Mobile Customers

Samsung Research America, Mississippi Office of the Secretary of State

Check Point SandBlast Mobile Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point SandBlast Mobile pricing:
  • "Check Point pricing is better than Symantec."

Check Point SandBlast Mobile Reviews

LeonWessels
IT Security Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Sep 13, 2020
Filled a gap in our security posture by protecting mobile handsets and our corporate network

What is our primary use case?

One reason we use it is that we didn't really have any control on the mobile side. We do have Google MDM, but we didn't have a solution like the one Check Point offers to protect mobile devices. Even with Google MDM, there is not much we can do without having something that can enforce security on the endpoint. So there was a gap and that security gap was our main use case.

• "We like the URL content filtering, that is one of the most valuable features."
  • "It also enables us to see where privacy is a concern, apps that are leaking privacy. Having an idea as to how these apps are being protected offers some level of security to the device and back into our corporate network."
  • "We don't have Google MDM being supported by the solution as of yet. It is a feature requirement... They are aware that it is something that I need. My objective is to be able to have the MDM integration and to have some level of control over the asset itself."

What other advice do I have?

If you have the opportunity, explore competitors to see how their products work. Also, negotiate your price with Check Point as much as possible. The things that stand out from my experience are the ease of the deployment and the education of the end-user regarding data privacy and those types of things. We haven't had many cases of false positives. One that we saw was in the following scenario. Let's say we had an app that came up as a threat and we applied particular rules to quarantine it. After we applied the rules, it showed up on the handset as if the app no longer existed, whereas…
reviewer1400067
Systems Administrator at a retailer with 201-500 employees
Aug 16, 2020
Provides in-depth, good protection for all three threat vectors: application, network, and device

What is our primary use case?

We use SandBlast Mobile to secure our BYOD devices for employees that want to have access to corporate information, as we require them to have SandBlast in order to do that. It is always monitoring their text messages for malicious stuff or their apps, to see if there's anything malicious, and then we receive the logging and alerts so we are able to react and take care of our users' security.

• "It monitors all the URLs that a user goes to on their phone and so we can see what they're looking at and we can limit that. Certain topics are not allowed to be accessed. They're monitoring their apps and they rate them based upon how big of a security risk that individual app is based on their ratings. And so we're able to limit those as well and allow people to have some that may be a low risk, but still a risk, but we may allow that for our users whereas we block medium and high risk."
  • "Integration needs improvement. We use Check Point for email. We use Check Point Capsule Workspace and I wish that it tied into that better and was integrated with their email application so that when it's secure, then they're able to access their email and it could be deployed as one group instead of two separate applications. It's a little bit more work for us to deploy both of those so it'd be nice if they could be integrated."

What other advice do I have?

Having Check Point, at least for us, they implemented two different hosted platforms so that we could have different policies for different users, and that was really helpful to us because we did have privacy concerns from a lot of users. We were able to lock down the network on some devices and other devices we didn't monitor the network. I would rate it a nine out of ten. It's really in-depth for what it does.
Learn what your peers think about Check Point SandBlast Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,058 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kadeem Channer
IT Security Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 3, 2020
Has good application scanning that it stable and has helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for mobile threat prevention. We integrate it with an MDM and push it to our managed devices to protect the company's phone.

• "I really like the application scanning portion where it scans your current applications and any new applications that you add to the device to let you know if it is malicious."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see a Wi-Fi scanner to be able to identify whether a wireless network is malicious before you join it."

What other advice do I have?

This solution checks so many of our boxes already, anything new added would just be the icing on the cake. My advice would be to do your homework. Ensure that this is the right product for you. Request a demo and test it out. Don't purchase more licenses than you need because it will become costly. Before this, I didn't realize that there were so many malicious applications out there in the world. So, it was a bit eye-opening to see some of what your phone can access without you even realizing what you were clicking. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Hans Van Oorschot
Engineer at Caldoo
Jan 16, 2021
Good integration, great scalability, and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile threat defense. We protect our mobile devices with it, due to the fact that SandBlast Mobile detects phishing, malware, et cetera, and all mobile devices.

• "We've found that the product is quite stable."
  • "From a user's perspective, of course, it is always better when it is cheaper in price."

What other advice do I have?

We're both a reseller as well as an end-user of the solution. We're partners with Check Point. The product is in the SaaS environment. I'd recommend the solution. With cybersecurity on the rise due to COVID, and people working on devices from home, off secure networks, it's important to protect your devices, now more than ever. I'd advise that organizations look at this solution and consider implementing it. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. However, if this solution is right for a company depends on the environment. The capability of the standalone product is very good. When there's a…
Oleg Pekar
Senior Network/Security Engineer at Skywind Group
Aug 31, 2020
Centralized management with good monitoring and reporting features

What is our primary use case?

Having the Check Point SandBlast Mobile application installed is mandatory for any smartphone or tablet PC provided to the employees by our company, and for any BYOD device if it is going to be connected to the corporate network. Currently, there are about 500 devices that are running on both Android and Apple devices. We decided not to self-host the management center, and onboarded the cloud management solution provided by the Check Point. This runs in their own datacenter, with the SLA provided.

• "The solution has clients for both Android and Apple devices, so all of our employees' devices are protected."
  • "The feature set between the Android and Apple devices is not fully equal."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is modern and easy to onboard.
Stephen Achi
Security Engineer at DGIT
Reseller
Feb 19, 2020
Excellent anti-phishing and scanning for suspicious SMS with an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile security, which is important in our part of the world. Using SandBlast Mobile, we're able to prove if a traditional antivirus has become embedded in some devices. It helps us to combat cybercrime. We're able to control things like SMS phishing and check for malicious links and malicious application downloads. For example, if my son downloads Angry Birds, and we don't know if the version he downloaded was malicious, we can trigger SandBlast to check it.

• "The anti-phishing and scanning of SMS are the most valuable aspects of the solution. Sometimes we will get some SMS and they will try to redirect you to malicious links. If you have SandBlast Mobile, it helps you prevent clicking on those malicious links."
  • "For SandBlast Mobile, the only thing that is lacking is that it wasn't available for all types of users. However, Check Point has since fixed this, with ZoneAlarm."

What other advice do I have?

We're a distributor of Check Point and Check Point partners. We have a good understanding of what kind of security our clients need to stay safe in our country. We both use it ourselves, so we can demonstrate the solution, and offer it as a solution to our clients. It's easy because it's on mobile so we can show clients on our phone. I'd advise others to use the solution. It's a modern technology that really combats today's cyber threats on mobile devices. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. In terms of usage, it's given me everything I need. In Nigeria, we don't have many solutions that do…
reviewer1393122
Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Aug 16, 2020
Has good visibility, we can see every installed app and the severity and risk of each app

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for using Check Point SandBlast Mobile solution was for securing (Bring your own device) BYOD mobile devices of users. With Check Point SandBlast Mobile we get full visibility of users' mobile activity, like installed apps. Users are only allowed to use permitted applications. We also have blacklisted some malicious URLs. Check Point SandBlast Mobile provides flexibility to BYOD users to access the restricted website as per the time specified by the company policy.

• "First, the granular visibility of apps & traffic which we get through Check Point SandBlast Mobile are good. We can see each & every installed app & information for each app about severity & risk."
  • "Also, we found configuring device groups & mapping a policy is quite confusing. There should be a simpler interface."
reviewer1172931
Business Tranformation Project Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 24, 2019
It's easy to use and durable but the interface should be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use the private cloud deployment model. We use AWS as our cloud provider. Our primary use case is for my users who are mobile. If I want them to connect from wherever they are and build connections to the emails. It's for my management that are usually very mobile.

• "The usability is the most valuable feature. It's really easy to use. It's a durable solution. I don't have any breaches. It is a good solution from that angle."
  • "The interface could be more user-friendly. They should improve the look and feel."

What other advice do I have?

We had initial problems because our requirements were not well defined. You should define your use case. You should also look into other options to see what else there is out there and what they offer. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
See 1 more Check Point SandBlast Mobile Reviews