Continuum Command OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Continuum Command is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. It is most often compared to ConnectWise Automate: Continuum Command vs ConnectWise Automate

What is Continuum Command?

Continuum RMM is designed to let you remotely monitor and manage as many endpoints as you can close. Combined with the benefits of our unparalleled Network Operations Center (NOC), our proprietary IntelliMon software spares your tech’s time by automating the ticketing and alerting process, filtering out false positives and producing actionable tickets.

Continuum Command is also known as Continuum RMM.

Download the Remote Monitoring and Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Continuum Command Customers

Frontier Business Products, Itek Systems Management, ZLan, Karpel, MySherpa, Arvig, CCSI, Leap Managed IT, eProsper, Pensar, Gordon Flesch, LeadingEdge, NSI, Server Sentry, Computer Consultants, Keystone IT Consulting, Ekaru, Epic Technologies, Rouse Consulting, Empower Information Systems, Computer Solutions Group, The Critical Update, Voice Smart Networks, CMIT Solutions, Preferred Communication Systems, G2 Tech Group, Pulse Business Solutions, Greystone Technology Group, Clare Computer Solutions, Evolve IT Australia

Continuum Command Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Continuum Command pricing:
  • "It has a pay-as-you-go model. They don't have any minimum, maximum, or such sorts of commitments with any of their partners or customers. I don't believe they have any restrictions about using a specific number of agents. You don't have to use 100 agents or 200 agents to work with this. They have a lock-in period of three months, during which you cannot switch a service plan, which is fine."
  • "The licensing works such that the more you add, the more it costs, but for the most part, the price starts at about $5 USD per client."
  • "Continuum Command price is more expensive than competitors, it is three times the price of the next lowest and costs approximately $25 an endpoint. However, when you take that into account you receive the help desk and outsource NOC included it has a lot more value because competitors do not provide the outsourced NOC and help desk."

Continuum Command Reviews

Tushar Shelar
CEO at Icon Technologies
Easy-to-use interface, simple integration, and good ROI

• "The user interface is the first valuable feature. The integration is the second valuable feature. The integration that you are doing with the products needs to be very certain. There shouldn't be any glitches. There are different software out there that will give you an option called scripting and ask you to do a hundred different things to set up a script for a particular customer. With Continuum, everything is done a single way. You just select the clients, script, and machine, and then you just go and deploy. The best part of Continuum is that it is not just a software company. It is a pure services company. It is an RMM software; it isn't used as a PSA. The software is just a part of the service offering. This is the difference between all other service providers out there and Continuum. Continuum is basically providing services. Continuum doesn't sell the software."
  • "They can include support for vaulting, where you can actually document the entire infrastructure, including servers, desktops, networks, passwords, maps, diagrams, and customer information. Continuum has integrated everything, and you have to use a PSA. Continuum has a ticketing system and an RMM. They could integrate the functionality for IT documentation. An MSP would want everything into one tool."

What is our primary use case?

We are a 100% services company. We don't give any software. Our clients are MSPs who are using Continuum, ConnectWise, LabTech, or Kaseya and want to monitor and manage these servers and desktops and take care of assets for their own customers. For example, you're going to be an MSP and you purchased Continuum for your customers, but you don't have the resources or the skills to make the most out of it. We use our experience and knowledge of Continuum and help you set up things and manage your customers. We run everything behind the scene. We are the people who work on the Continuum tickets and help them.

How has it helped my organization?

We do not use any specific application but according to me the idea behind building this software is to ensure that it is easier for MSPs to use. Let's say that I'm going to be an MSP. I go and buy Continuum for my own clients, and I deploy it on ten servers. They are also monitored and managed by Continuum behind the scenes. If I have to give access to the customer, I can actually give the customer portal to them, and they can use the same portal.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is the first valuable feature. The integration is the second valuable feature. The integration that you are doing with the products needs to be very certain. There shouldn't be any glitches. There are different software out there that will give you an option called scripting and ask you to do a hundred different things to set up a script for a particular customer. With Continuum, everything is done a single way. You just select the clients, script, and machine, and then you just go and deploy.

What needs improvement?

They may include support for vaulting, where you can actually document the entire infrastructure, including servers, desktops, networks, passwords, maps, diagrams, and customer information. Continuum has integrated everything, and you have to use a PSA. Continuum has a ticketing system and an RMM. They could integrate the functionality for IT documentation. An MSP would want everything into one tool. Existing users with Connectwise PSA may not need it since they have entire things already documented under their own portal and assets mapped against it.

I have been working with Continuum for 15 years.

The agents are quite stable. Most of the time, everything runs behind the scenes. The MSP agent does not have to bother much.

It needs maintenance only a few times. You can send an advance broadcast to your customers to let them know. There is a database that runs behind the scenes, and this database needs some sort of maintenance. When that happens, you can send a broadcast, maybe 15 or 20 days, in advance.

It is scalable because it is SaaS. The MSP does not have to worry about the number of seats to buy, the software to buy, and sizing. There is no issue with the sizing, and if there is no issue with the sizing, there is no issue with scalability.

They have different service plans for customers. They have care, manage, and monitor plans. They also have different service plans for desktops.

They provide support through chat, phone, and email. If you need support, you can activate the chat support any time during the day because they are available 24/7. They will remotely take control of your machine and start working with you. I would rate their technical support a seven out of ten. At times, it becomes difficult for them to work remotely. A few times, we had communication issues, but as far as the resolution and technical things are concerned, I don't see any issues with them.

I have worked with ConnectWise Automate, and we also have customers who are using Datto, Nable and much more.. According to me Continuum is a service driven company. They don't just hand out the tool to you, and you can go on your own. As far as Datto is concerned, they have a decent enough user interface. Datto is integrating everything and perhaps doing the same thing that Continuum did in the past. They also have a SaaS model, but they are still a product company.

There is also a difference in the price. If you work with Datto, they will only give you a product. You have to configure everything. You also need to monitor it on your own and put your team to manage the service and everything else. Continuum doesn't offer any such product. It is a pure services company.

I have also worked with LabTech. It is easier but requires a lot of configuration. I don't find it to be user friendly. The console and the user interface are a bit tricky. People who are used to using a web interface would have thought time. Ofcourse, they have training and hands on as well.

It is a Saas-based solution. You don't have to deploy anything. Clients have their own portal. You just have to get a login from them, and you can create your sites and start deploying agents in the first hour. The deployment takes two minutes. Their engine is very smart. Unlike other RMM providers where you have to decide whether it's going to be a DNS server, DHCP server, or something else, Continuum has something called smart monitoring. Continuum will try and learn on its own that it is going to be an exchange server. It will actually configure the monitoring based on it.

We help MSP's set it up including our years of experience and knowledge. We are people who help them make most out of it.

We've seen a lot of MSPs who have grown by using Continuum. I really do not see any challenges working with this solution. It has been something that most MSPs prefer, even if it is going to be a bit costlier. They pay a good amount per agent per month, but they don't mind it because it is going to save a lot of labor work for them.

Everything is available with a single click. Of course, you get a lot of tickets because when the monitor gets configured, it will be sending you tickets, but once you have a proper plan, there is nothing else that you have left.

I have a partner or customer with whom we've been working since 2010 or 2011. They were a 4-person company, and now they are a 25-person to 30-person company. It was possible because they had a process that aligned more or less towards what Continuum does. By using Continuum, their life got much easier because they have accessibility from anywhere.

It has a pay-as-you-go model. They don't have any minimum, maximum, or such sorts of commitments with any of their partners or customers. I don't believe they have any restrictions about using a specific number of agents. You don't have to use 100 agents or 200 agents to work with this.

They may have a lock-in period of three months, during which you cannot switch a service plan, which is fine.

Like I mentioned we are RMM Independent services company.

What other advice do I have?

There's a race between a lot of service providers or RMM providers out there. They give a lot of options for MSPs, including lowering the cost. MSPs need to understand their offerings and the needs of their customers. If they are a company with more or less five to ten people and they want to focus more on the customer-facing part instead of actually working on the server and desktops, I would say Continuum is the best solution for them because they won't be paying money per agent per month.

With other RMMs, you will save money as far as the product is concerned, but you also need to spend time. Your team members need to work on each and every server and identify the issues that are happening. It is like a circle. You pay less for the software, but then put your own people to service, or you pay more for the service and get what you are really looking for.

My advice is to first understand whether your customers are ready to pay for such services and whether there will be thorough monitoring and management on a 24/7 basis. If yes, then for the initial stage, Continuum is the best solution to go for. If you're going to be managing 100, 200, 500, or so machines, then perhaps Continuum is the best way to start off. If you're going to be a very large MSP, such as someone who is managing more than 5,000 or 10,000 assets, it is a different story altogether.

Continuum also provides resources. As an MSP, if you are using Continuum, and you want someone to take care of your day-to-day activities and be a part of your company, Continuum can help you with your operations.

Continuum has been improving this solution continuously. They are getting customer feedback through every event and channel. They have technical account managers who go to the customers, understand the requirements, and get them rolled into their own product development team. The feature perhaps goes to the beta phase, and then it is launched.

I would rate Continuum an eight out of ten. As far as the IT documentation part is concerned, they may have been working on it, and we may get something out soon. Apart from that, I don't see any issues with the product itself.

MV
IT Manager at Telecorp Inc.
It offers an optional help desk, good patching, remote connection automation capabilities, anti virus, ransomware defense with a 1 million dollar guarantee.

• "The most valuable feature is the patching solution."
  • "I would like to see the incorporation of the dashboards for other products that they work with into the main dashboard."

What is our primary use case?

Continuum Command is a Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution and the basic use cases are remote connecting, patching, and some automation. It also has additional modules security and backup that can be added.

An example of automation is that I have some machines that need to be logged off every night, so I can push logoff automation for those. I can also push out a reboot action, as another example. I can do more complicated commands. You can set schedules up and it automates whatever tasks you want.

We have clients that we manage using this RMM.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to work on more clients efficiently. With a view of the dashboard I can see who has issues and who isn't patched. With 2 factor authentication I can allow clients to access their machines form home without a VPN. Other modules can be added to enhance security and offer backup solutions. They can even provide a US based help desk to do most of the managing for you if you want to go that route. I found the help desk a must have for server maintenance. They don't interact with the client. They report and work with you on solving issues that would be hard to find without them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the patching solution. Patching Windows machines can quickly become something that doesn't get accomplished. Since the patches are tested before implemented many patches that cause machines to have issues don't get implemented until they are fixed. The  two major patches that occur in Windows twice a year can be put off for 3 months. The next would be remote connection where logmein pro is used, There's a 24/7 help desk. and Webroot suite is standard. I use the security suite and have watch ransomware attacks get stopped in their tracks. Saving hundreds of dollars in lost data and time

What needs improvement?

Some additional automation functionality would be helpful.

I would like to see the incorporation of the dashboards for other products that they work with into the main dashboard.

It would be nice you were able to change the widgets on the main dashboard to be more of what you want. For example, a lot of the times you have three columns and you can only move the widgets within those three columns. You can move them from column A to column C. It would be a big help because a lot of the time, you don't use the main dashboard.

A price reduction would always be nice.

We have been using Continuum Command for about two years.

This product has always been very stable.

It seems to be very scalable. For all of my clients, I put it on the server and it automatically deploys, so it propagates onto the land on its own.

Technical support is very quick. I've dealt with them both on the phone and in chat.

For the most part, the product works very well so you don't really need a lot of technical support. However, for the few times that I have wanted to, for example, get some help with some automation, I was able to open a chat window with them and have anything that I needed answered very quickly.

We used Kaseya in the past and when I used it, it didn't work very well.

Continuum Command had more to offer and it was more expensive, but it's a much more stable product and it did what it was supposed to do.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. They have an onboarding team that walks you through a lot of things. The deployment only took a couple of hours because they deploy with an agent that you can push out.

The maintenance happens behind the scenes, so you don't really deal with it. They do give you updates and if there is an alert that comes along then they will email me.

In computers when they get behind on patching the are vulnerable to attacks. Most than that they get very slow. So my ROI is being able to work on calls that are real and not spend hours getting a machine to a current state before troubleshooting. It has drastically reduced my call volume.

The licensing works such that the more you add, the more it costs, but for the most part, the price starts at about $5 USD per client. The more clients you have, the more the price goes down. Also, the more you use, the more it goes down.

Mainly Kaseya

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is interested in this product is to set up a trial, set up a test LAN, and put down all of the key things that you want RMM to do for you and give it a shot. They'll give you a month for free.

At this point, this product does everything that I want.

Only the IT administrators need to use it, and they use two-factor authentication to connect with our clients. Depending on the client that they need access to, they would only see those clients.

Find out what your peers are saying about ConnectWise, N-able, Kaseya and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: October 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SE
Managing Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Many useful features, outsourced help desk, and excellent customer support

• "The most valuable features are RMM and patch management. However, the main reason we have been using this solution is that they are the only provider of RMM that has an outsourced NOC and help desk. This has been very useful."
  • "The solution could improve by offering better overall management and dashboards."

What is our primary use case?

We use Continuum Command as an RMM and patch management solution for our own customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are RMM and patch management. However, the main reason we have been using this solution is that they are the only provider of RMM that has an outsourced NOC and help desk. This has been very useful.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by offering better overall management and dashboards.

In a future release, it would be a benefit to have multi-vendor support to be able to manage every single one of my vendors from the same console.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

Continuum Command is scalable.

Most of our clients are small to medium-size businesses. However, it would not be difficult to implement in an enterprise-size environment.

The technical support has been fantastic.

We have used Kaseya previously.

The installation is easy.

Continuum Command price is more expensive than competitors, it is three times the price of the next lowest and costs approximately $25 an endpoint. However, when you take that into account you receive the help desk and outsource NOC included it has a lot more value because competitors do not provide the outsourced NOC and help desk.

If these are the features the customer wants, this is the most price-effective. If I had to implement my own help desk for that number of users, it is going to take a lot of users before it gets to a point where it is commercially viable. It would have to be at least over 100 endpoints to implement my own help desk. Whereas now, I am not paying for NOC or help desk that I am not using. It is worth it just for that feature.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is if they do not want to manage their own NOC, this is their only choice. Nothing else will do it unless they can invest in their own NOC and help desk.

I rate Continuum Command an eight out of ten.