FireEye Network Security Overview

FireEye Network Security is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Advanced Threat Protection tools. It is most often compared to Palo Alto Networks WildFire: FireEye Network Security vs Palo Alto Networks WildFire

What is FireEye Network Security?

FireEye Network Security is an advanced threat protection and breach detection platform that provides industry leading threat visibility and protection against the world’s most sophisticated and damaging attacks. By leveraging FireEye’s unique technologies and threat intelligence, FireEye Network Security detects what other security solutions miss, providing holistic security from the perimeter to the network core.

FireEye Network Security is also known as FireEye.

Download the Advanced Threat Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

FireEye Network Security Customers

FFRDC, Finansbank, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Investis, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Bank of Thailand, City of Miramar, Citizens National Bank, D-Wave Systems

FireEye Network Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FireEye Network Security pricing:
  • "Its price is a bit high. A small customer cannot buy it. Its licensing is on a yearly basis."
  • "The user fee is not as high but the maintenance fee is expensive."
  • "It's an expensive solution."

Chandan-Singh
Sr Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A reliable and complete network protection solution that protects from signature-based and signature-less attacks and has powerful logging

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients for the complete protection of their network.

• "It protects from signature-based attacks and signature-less attacks. The sandboxing technology, invented by FireEye, is very valuable. Our customers go for FireEye because of the sandboxing feature. When there is a threat or any malicious activity with a signature, it can be blocked by IPS. However, attacks that do not have any signatures and are very new can only be blocked by using the sandboxing feature, which is available only in FireEye. So, FireEye has both engines. It has an IPS engine and a sandbox engine, which is the best part. You can get complete network protection by using FireEye."
  • "I also like its logging method. Its logging is very powerful and useful for forensic purposes. You can see the traffic or a specific activity or how something entered your network and where it went."
  • "Its documentation can be improved. The main problem that I see with FireEye is the documentation. We are an official distributor and partner of FireEye, and we have access to complete documentation about how to configure or implement this technology, but for customers, very limited documentation is available openly. This is the area in which FireEye should evolve. All documents should be easily available for everyone."
  • "They can maybe consider supporting some compliance standards. When we are configuring rules and policies, it can guide whether they are compliant with a particular compliance authority. In addition, if I have configured some rules that have not been used, it should give a report saying that these rules have not been used in the last three months or six months so that I disable or delete those rules."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. Anyone who is looking for a complete network protection solution and does not have any budget issues should definitely go for it. I would rate FireEye Network Security a ten out of ten for technology and security.
Lead Program Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, protective, easy to set up, and has a lot of features to scan vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are using it from the perspective of data protection. We have two types of data that is coming. One is the actual data or the customer data that comes into our premises, and the second is the internet traffic that comes into our organization. FireEye devices scan all the traffic that comes through the tools on which we have configured FireEye, and they also analyze a lot of traffic.

• "It is stable and quite protective. It has a lot of features to scan a lot of malicious things and vulnerabilities."
  • "I heard that FireEye recently was hacked, and a lot of things were revealed. We would like FireEye to be more secure as an organization. FireEye has to be more protective because it is one of the most critical devices that we are using in our environment. They have a concept called SSL decryption, but that is only the packet address. We would like FireEye to also do a lot of decryption inside the packet. Currently, FireEye only does encryption and decryption of the header, but we would like them to do encryption and decryption of the entire packet."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution. We have just migrated to the latest FireEye devices. I would rate FireEye Network Security an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Broadcom and others in Advanced Threat Protection. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Yaser Aljohani
OT/ICS Information Security Specialist at SANS
Good support, easy to implement, and proactively tests incoming files for malicious behavior

What is our primary use case?

We use FireEye to protect our web and email traffic.

• "The most valuable feature is MVX, which tests all of the files that have been received in an email."
  • "It would be very helpful if there were better integration with other solutions from other vendors, such as Fortinet and Palo Alto."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to fine-tune based on the use cases. Test the solution, monitor the alerts, and be proactive about anything that shows up. If there is any abnormal activity then be sure to take action quickly, and also, ensure that there is policy in place for other departments to act accordingly when malicious traffic is detected. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
PP
ciso at SDIS49
Stable threat protection that is easy to set up, and the appliances are good

• "The server appliance is good."
  • "Technical packaging could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

For the next project, we will be doing comparisons for massive attacks. We have been customers for five years and we have a very good relationship with them. It's not the first line of defense. It's for us to subline of defense itself. It depends on the analysis of the threat. An alternative tool could be Endpoint security. I think we will put in service for Endpoint Security, soon. But network security is aligned more in your defense unison. I would rate FireEye Network Security an eight out of ten.
Sagi Zelinger
Professional Services Division Manager at 2Bsecure
Reseller
Agile, easy to scale, and the network security module is good

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for sandboxing on all channels.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the network security module. It is better than other solutions and it can make and find electrical movement. Also, the attack vector is a feature that no one else offers. Overall, it's a great solution.

What needs improvement?

It is very expensive, the price could be better.

I have been using FireEye Network Security for a couple of years. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. It's very agile.

The scalability is great.  You don't have to purchase another…
Product Categories
Advanced Threat Protection
Download our free Advanced Threat Protection Report and find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Broadcom, and more!