FireEye Network Security Reviews

industry
rating
Anonymous User
Reseller
Senior Network Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 22 2018

What is most valuable?

Simplified Alert Dashboard is straightforward to navigate.

What needs improvement?

1. Granular reporting Need more attributes for each alert; e.g. protocol, time, type of attack, etc. These attributes could be used for report... more»

Use cloud solution; pricing is a bit high.

I was not using anything previously.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution at six out of 10. There is a lot of room for Improvement in the offering, from cost to functionality. It is pretty... more»
Ala Khalil
Reseller
PreSales Director at a tech services company
Nov 11 2018

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find most valuable is the MIR (Mandiant Incident Response) for checks on our inbound security.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that needs to improve is that they use guidance or FDK for max data. They don't have their own tools, that is a weakness in the Mandiant.

We looked into other forensic options in the past. We used to use RSA in the past, but it is not the same as FireEye.

What other advice do I have?

The world is currently shifting to AI, Artificial Intelligence engines. FireEye, now has nothing in the road map to shifting to AI. Other companies do have a roadmap for AI... more»
Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Symantec and others in Advanced Threat Protection.
305,899 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Anonymous User
Security Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 16 2018

What is most valuable?

The MVX Engine seems to be very capable against threats and the way it handles APTs is impressive. It has helped FireEye be the first ones to announce zero-days on many occasions.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved our systems and our customers' by providing better malware protection, defense against zero-day threats, and improved network security.

What needs improvement?

Management of the appliance could be greatly improved. They should take a leaf out of the book of Symantec's (Formerly Blue Coat) MAA appliances. The management is super-easy, most features are available through the GUI, and the administrator... more»

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About FireEye Network Security

305,899 professionals have used our research since 2012.

FireEye Network Security Questions

FireEye Network Security Projects By Members

FireEye Network Security Consultants

What is FireEye Network Security?

FireEye Network Security is an advanced threat protection and breach detection platform that provides industry leading threat visibility and protection against the world’s most sophisticated and damaging attacks. By leveraging FireEye’s unique technologies and threat intelligence, FireEye Network Security detects what other security solutions miss, providing holistic security from the perimeter to the network core.

Also known as
FireEye
FireEye Network Security customers

FFRDC, Finansbank, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Investis, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Bank of Thailand, City of Miramar, Citizens National Bank, D-Wave Systems

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Advanced Threat Protection Report and find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Symantec, and more!