Micro Focus ALM Reviews

rating
Caroline Gitonga
Presales Consultant at Oracle
Mar 26 2019

What is most valuable?

Requirements Management, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defect Management, Sprinter, Access control, Versioning and audit.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization as a result of several factors: All test assets are in one central location; Easier to track progress of QA activities; Easier reporting; Easier to assess quality

What needs improvement?

The project tracking is a bit complex. It takes some time to maneuver around it. It would also help if you could export some of the reports generated from it e.g. the Master Plan.

Original cost was $158,000. Our day-to-day cost is difficult to compute, but it’s very low.

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product for managing an end-to-end lifecycle process. It’s easy to use once you get the hang of it. One of the biggest pluses is having all your test assets in one place – requirements… more»

Yes, IBM - CLM.
Sarah Kemle
IT Business Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 31 2018

What is most valuable?

This solution is open and very easy to integrate. The interface is good too.

How has it helped my organization?

Central test locations are a benefit. The ability to integrate this solution with other applications is helpful. If there is automation, it comes with improved quality and speed.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be improvement in the requirement samples. At the moment, they are very basic. They could also improve the usability.

What other advice do I have?

If someone is researching solutions, they should know that this solution is stable, centralized, and scalable. If they need integration, then this is the tool to use. When selecting a vendor, some important criteria are availability, knowledge, price, and the site where they are getting the product… more»
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Atlassian, Microsoft and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: September 2019.
371,639 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ivana Buljan
Product Development Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 21 2019

What do you think of Micro Focus ALM?

What is our primary use case?

We use it for manual and automatic testing along with defect and requirements management. We can check everything, know who is the sponsor for it, and make a test plan. Everything is very visible.

What needs improvement?

ALM uses a waterfall approach. We have some hybrid approaches in the company and need a more agile approach. We have also installed ALM Octane and are trying to see if it fills the approach that we are looking for our company.

It is very stable. We have not had any problems.

I have a good impression of the scalability. I have been very satisfied.

How is

Vice President - Test Management Lead at DBS Bank
Jan 21 2019

What do you think of Micro Focus ALM?

What is our primary use case?

I use 80 to 90 percent of the product's features.

What is most valuable?

It has a good response time. The AI and functionality interface are useful.  The task management reporting has a lot of out-of-the box uses.

What needs improvement?

Certain features are lousy. Those features can drag the whole server down. There are times that the complex SQL queries are not easy to do within this solution.  Micro Focus ALM needs to bring the features of this ALM into the newer version of Octane.

More than five years.

ALM can scale and is very impressive. It can support thousands of users with a very low amount of resources. It can easily manage very big…
Oscar Balderas
Director General at a tech company with 11-50 employees
Oct 18 2018

What is most valuable?

* The number of connectors and their ease of configuration * The self-service portal for users * The management of authorization flows

How has it helped my organization?

* It improved productivity and increased levels of internal data security. * Knowing who is accessing, where to access, at what time, and monitoring all these activities, provides value to the company. * Levels of compliance increased dramatically to meet any standard.

What needs improvement?

* They should focus on giving greater value to the IoT and social networks. * Increase the capacity to generate reports, having the tools to do a debug of all that is happening internally. * An area of improvement is to provide tools for the analysis of the logs generated by the solution.
Yavor Piperov
Founder & Software Solutions Manager with 1-10 employees
Jun 13 2018

What do you think of Micro Focus ALM?

What is our primary use case?

It is a complete AQM suite: single repository for tests, requirements, defects, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides visibility on release status and readiness.  It allows us to easily make linkage and dependencies, with plenty of integrations.

What is most valuable?

Test management Requirements management Defects

What needs improvement?

Pure-FTPd WebUI Single sign-on
Robert Abbott
Software Quality Assurance Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 19 2019

What do you think of Micro Focus ALM?

What is our primary use case?

Quality assurance, requirement, and testing.

How has it helped my organization?

ALM helps focus on requirements, test, and the execution, track your defects, etc.

What is most valuable?

Requirements Test Release process Defect tracking.

What needs improvement?

Release management and integration with other tools.

More than five years.
Domingo Saavedra
QA Analyst with 501-1,000 employees
May 22 2018

What do you think of Micro Focus ALM?

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for regression testing.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Micro Focus products together to improve organizational SLAs.

What is most valuable?

Lab Management is a valuable feature, because you have a 360 view.

What needs improvement?

The QA needs improvement.

Three to five years.
See 2 More Micro Focus ALM Reviews

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Micro Focus ALM

371,639 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Micro Focus ALM Questions

What is Micro Focus ALM?

Micro Focus Application Lifecycle Management software (ALM), is a unified platform that helps teams prioritize, align and focus their project activities, provides actionable insight, and fosters the re-use of assets from requirements through development, testing, and readiness for delivery.

Built on best practices, an extensible architecture and centralized repository, Micro Focus ALM is one of the first unified, technology-agnostic application management systems available now; integrating out-of-the-box with over 30 open source and competitive industry products.

Micro Focus’s ALM suite provides flexible solutions and deployment options to meet your needs and scale with you as you grow.

Also known as
HPE ALM
Micro Focus ALM customers

Specsavers, Cardinal Health, KMD, Turkcell

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Atlassian, Microsoft, and more!