WatchGuard XTM Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Deputy Head of IT Department at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 27 2017

What is most valuable?

The proxy based policy in Policy Manager is the best feature. It helps me: * Create many different firewall policies for different networks and services * In tracking problems in the policy rule in the traffic monitor of Firebox System Manager

How has it helped my organization?

With this product, I can easily block group websites with its WebBlocker based on predefined categories such as: Social Network, Sex Material, and Video Streaming We can also use Application Control to block some applications based on... more»

What needs improvement?

1. It is difficult to configure WatchGuard with your internet settings. Actually, a normal internet setting/configuration is easy. However, I had a problem with multi WAN and multi LAN. I have a few different LAN subnet and two WAN. What I... more»
Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Aug 15 2018

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are the subscription services that come with the product: * Intrusion Protection - This is pretty standard across all products. * WebBlocker - It used to be called WebSense. For a decent-sized organization that's a $200,000 product, and we get a fully-implemented version of that inside our product. * Data Loss... more»

How has it helped my organization?

We can now browse or interact with the internet with confidence, knowing we can do our jobs while being protected. We don't have to worry.
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Fortinet, Sophos and others in Firewalls.
288,321 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Software Developer, Head of IT Department at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Jul 06 2017

What is most valuable?

Packet filters and proxy policies are valuable features. They allow you to configure restrictions by domain name. These features are useful to block web pages which have multiple IP addresses, such as Facebook.

How has it helped my organization?

It was installed as two redundant XTM 850s (active-passive). The XTM 850s perform as a general firewall and as a filter of WAN traffic. Routers are configured as a load balancer for internal VLANs and for WAN as well. Other network... more»

What needs improvement?

The management console and web interface are very bad. They should improve it and add more command lines and easy scripting functionality. I also suggest adding/improving smart and easy logging and debugging tools.
Global Director MSS with 11-50 employees
Jun 28 2017

What do you think of WatchGuard XTM?

Valuable Features Performance, Security Services integration, Management, Tools all included, VPN. • Improvements to My Organization Security is a requirement for any organization, using WG products you can deploy faster solutions to big problems with a fair price. Based on WG, we can deploy 30 offices in a few days, and maintain an excellent visibility of the network traffic for the entire network, using a single console. • Room for Improvement Intrusion Prevention, Antivirus, and Data Loss Prevention • Use of Solution I have been working with WatchGuard products for more than 15 years. With these specific appliances +2 years. • Stability Issues In my experience with WG, stability issues are associated with bad configurations. • Scalability Issues Yes, in...
CFO at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Jan 18 2018

What is most valuable?

Ease of setup. All WatchGuards are pretty much the same to setup and manage. We experienced that WatchGuard is easy to setup regarding VPN compared to other firewalls of other brands.

How has it helped my organization?

* Efficient to setup, run, and maintain. Saving man hours and cost in the process. * The client is easy to use and stable. * Simple to backup settings. * Simple to move settings between WatchGuard boxes. * The GUI is easy and intuitive.

What needs improvement?

Client-based administrative tool. Cloud-based central administration of all devices from one point would be nice (although there is always an added risk regarding this).
See 5 more reviews

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About WatchGuard XTM

288,321 professionals have used our research since 2012.

WatchGuard XTM Questions

WatchGuard XTM Projects By Members

WatchGuard XTM Consultants

What is WatchGuard XTM?

Small businesses need big security, too, and the WatchGuard XTM Series firewall/VPN appliances deliver that strong protection Ð but without the hefty price tag. Enterprise-grade security includes full HTTPS content inspection, VoIP support, and optional security subscriptions like Application Control and Intrusion Prevention Service.
WatchGuard XTM customers
AVG, Cyren, Kaspersky Lab, Lastline, NCP engineering, Trend Micro, Websense
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Firewalls solution is right for you?

Download our free Firewalls Report and find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Fortinet, Sophos, and more!