3SL Cradle Review

Cradle has allowed us to provide bi-directional traceability to all relevant data.

Valuable Features:

(1) Total configuration over the project's framework/schema to meet my program requirements or business culture.

(2) Bi-directional traceability, with linked cross referenced parameter rules, tailored to my specific views.

(3) Complete systems engineering tool suite (requirements management, modeling, document publishing, configuration management, etc.) in one affordable product.

Improvements to My Organization:

3SL Cradle enabled my current and former organizations to be champions of requiring and providing bi-directional traceability to all relevant data, from cradle to grave -- the entire project lifecycle -- due to the tool’s ability to be customized with ease and ability to produce products that builds confidence in project stakeholders.

Room for Improvement:

Cradle provides modelling diagrams that can be created and referenced to relevant data in my project databases. In other words, I can create a use case diagram and reference relevant parts of that diagram to relevant data in my project (e.g. system requirements). Cradle provides around 15 mode ling notations (e.g. Data Flow Diagrams, State Transition Diagrams, Use Case Diagram, etc.); however, SysML and DoDAF are not included. In my line of work, I'm requested to use SysML and DoDAF to communicate requirements to my stakeholders. An improvement to Cradle would be to include the SysML and DoDAF modelling notations. I hope I've clarified my feedback review, area of improvements, for Cradle.

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

No issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

No issues with scalability.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
Chief Editor at a tech services companyReal User

Hello Mr Daley

Good news that Cradle 7.1 supports SysML now. Fortunately 3SL has provided webinar on this and we were very excited about these new features. Though have not started to use them yet.

Best regards,
Yulia

27 May 16
Systems Engineer at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employeesReal UserTOP 10

Nice! MBSE is the more agile way to go. 3SL has PowerPoint slide presentations on their website. Later - Oliver

27 May 16