Acronis Backup Review

Easy to use, affordable, strong and quick support, and built-in ransomware protection

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Acronis Backup is one of the products that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The main reasons that our customers like Acronis are that it is very strong and easy to use. Many of our customers use Acronis without any problems.

They have anti-ransomware active protection in the product.

What needs improvement?

The problems that we face are often related to the customer's network, although sometimes there are problems with the software, such as an error in the configuration. There is no perfect product.

We have been working with Acronis Backup for between five and six years.

This is a strong product, and any problems that our customers have had are very small.

We have approximately 50 customers who use this product.

Acronis support is very strong and they're available 24/7, online via chat or email, or by telephone. There are times that we have faced issues, and when we opened tickets, they found solutions very fast.

Often, the team will read the logs that we supply, and then, in quick time, they find solutions. These are either fixed using patches or they make suggestions for changes to the settings. One of the reasons that our customers purchase Acronis is because they don't have major problems or bugs in their software.

We have many customers that have converted from other backup products to Acronis. Two examples of these are Veritas and Veeam.

The initial setup is simple. It is not complex at all.

This is an affordable product and fits within our customers' budgets.

What other advice do I have?

We are currently testing the new version, 15. Based on our experience, we have been providing input to their pre-sales team, and the feedback was taken back to the management. Now, everything seems to be running fine.

For example, in the new version, they have more protection options for malware, and they have additional tools to assist the IT administrator in controlling the network. These including things like management tools for remote desktops and vulnerability management.

Any customer who uses Acronis that has needed to restore anything from their backup has had a 99% success rate, where they have been able to restore data without any problems.

Nothing is perfect and gets a full mark. We have faced some issues, although the support is strong and they take issues seriously. They don't let our customers get upset at the product, and they have solved all of the problems that we have faced.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Acronis Backup reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Veritas Backup Exec
Learn what your peers think about Acronis Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.