Acronis Backup Review

Over the Network Backup needs improvement. Works very well with real-time backup of our database files server

What is most valuable?

Acronis Backup Advanced for Windows Server

How has it helped my organization?

We update our Vaccination Tracking System (VTS) software on a monthly basis with software patches and added features, with Acronis Backup & Recovery, it enables us to always revert to the initial state when we experience challenges with the test environment. Because of the numerous reports we get from our staff in the filed while using the VTS, ABR allows us to incrementally backup important changes as we continually try to fix compatibility issues with different scenarios. Works very well with real-time backup of our database files server when staff upload information captured from polio vaccination tracking.

What needs improvement?

Over the Network Backup

Since September 2013 (14 months)

Yes, mostly with Acronis Snap Deploy, using network deployment, most clients do not automatically get DHCP settings when using dual network adapters on the Server. And the network settings aren't automatically recognized from the Snap Deploy interface, until set manually. (even after successfully booting into Acronis via the network).

We haven't seen any issues with stability.

We haven't seen any issues with scalability.

Good. There are a variety of options to choose from.

Excellent! Have been with the support team severally through chat and sometimes if things get really complicated they assist remotely to access my server and fix things up for me.

Yes, I was using Windows Backup and Restore feature. Upon discovering Acronis, I was fascinated by the flexible granular detailed features of 'what to and where to (multiple locations)' Backup and its central management capabilities as opposed to Windows' local system administration.

None that I found difficult. Configuration is mostly wizard-based, so its pretty straightforward.

In-house

Can't really say in monetary terms but it is really Time-saving. Extremely time efficient.

Discovered Acronis first, and went with the solution. Found it to be more user friendly and flexible.

What other advice do I have?

Worth trying out. Worked for me. Should have a good system admin to implement the solution more effectively.