Acronis Backup Review

It provided us with a fast and reliable way to recover a complex operating system. It failed several times, when we tried to take an image from the operating system and restore it.

How has it helped my organization?

It provided us with a fast and reliable way to recover a complex operating system, from one server to another so as to increase the business continuity.

What is most valuable?

Imaging of the operating system is the most valuable feature. We were performing an in-house upgrade of some critical servers, we wanted a recovery plan to go back to the operating status of the server.

Learn More: Get Free Trial of Acronis Backup

What needs improvement?

Actually, the version I used is quite old, so at that time it needed a lot of improvements. However, I didn't try the latest version, so I can't have a clear idea about it.

We ran a scenario where we took an image from an operation system and then, we attempted to restore it; it worked perfectly. After a while, we attempted to run the same scenario with the same versions and the same servers, it failed several times, before finally succeeding with the help of their support.

There were no scalability issues.

The technical support is less than average.

Previously, I was using Symantec System Recovery.

The setup was straightforward, i.e., one standalone installation on one server connected to one iSCSI drive to store the image.

Their prices are average.

According to the compatibility matrix of the operating system, we had this product as it was the only available product included with it.

Learn More: Get Free Trial of Acronis Backup

What other advice do I have?

Since the experience was quite an old one, the advice would be outdated as well. :)