Acronis Backup Review

The most valuable features are backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

Backup and recovery are the main things for us. We backup using the incremental feature every two weeks. We use the full backup feature for external hard drives. They usually fill about 5 Terabytes. We then switch them out for storage offsite and it works really well for us.

How has it helped my organization?

It is fast and everything is consolidated in one place. It's easier to use than Symantec, our previous solution. It's just easier and everything is all in one place.

If we get more servers, there are options, moving forward, to upgrade to "Advanced" where everything is on one dashboard. This is something we have been looking at as we grow.

What needs improvement?

I can't really think of anything right now, sorry. I feel like I'm missing something.

We have been using this since the end of 2015.

We haven't had any issues with stability so far.

In terms of scalability, there have been no issues so far. I do like that we have options going forward with "Advanced", where will be have everything on one dashboard.

In terms of technical support, I believe we used it once. I would have to give them a 10. They were great and they answered all the questions that we had. It was near the beginning of the process, so I don't remember exactly what the issue was, but I do remember that it was good.

We were using Symantec Backup Exec. We switched when we had someone come in and manage all of this for us. It was a solution that they had chosen when we had enough people here that we could cover it on our own.

We found that we just didn't like the previous solution. With this solution, it's easy to switch out the backups. We are using the hard drives. With Symantec, you had to go through and figure out how to switch things. You had to bring in old hard drives with the old backup files on them. It didn't always read the old backup files, so we would have a heart attack. It just wasn't worth using.

The setup was pretty straightforward. We didn't have any problems at all with it.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have anything crazy and specific to say about it. If you go through testing bookmarks for your version, you wouldn't really have to contact support much unless you had something that's extremely detailed. Our setup here, for example, is pretty simple and we try to keep it that way. We have one for each server and it just does everything on its own.

Any questions that we have can just be answered by looking on the web. The answers are all right there for you to find in general.

Compared to what we had before, we now have ease of use. I can't say enough for that. It’s one of those things where you do your server checks and I always check it just to make sure everything's running. This has never really been the problem that we had. That's what we wanted. We wanted something that's reliable, going to do its job, and we won't have to worry.