Acronis Backup Review

Enables restore of backup to machine with different hardware

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The software requires a number of network ports to be open between the management machine and the clients and backup devices. It would be good to eliminate the SMB port requirement between the management machine and the backup device.

It would also be helpful to reduce the number of required ports between the clients and the management machine to just one incoming and/or outgoing port.

Bare metal recovery of a machine from backup requires hard drive drivers to be manually loaded. It would be helpful if the various hard drive drivers were included in the recovery boot media.

Technical support has been excellent.

We switched to Acronis Backup because it allows us to easily manage and monitor our backups.

The initial setup was straightforward. The management interface is intuitive.

Click Here For a Free 30-Day Fully Functional Trial of Acronis Backup v12.5

There are cheaper backup solutions around, but they are not as straightforward to set up and to use and lack some of the features of this product. By researching pricing for the same product on Google, we were able to negotiate a good deal.

We did evaluate other products and Acronis Backup Standard best met our needs, subject to our budget constraints.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product. When evaluating different products it is important to test the recovery from backup. Acronis provided better recovery from backup options than some other products that we evaluated.