Acronis Disaster Recovery Review
Acronis can be treated as a backup, imaging, and archiving solution

What is our primary use case?

Backup and Disaster Recovery . Trying to achieve business continuity opportunity and it was well done. We removed some Disaster Recovery , Archiving Solutions from portfolio in order to provide class solution using Acronis.

How has it helped my organization?

Acronis can be treated as a backup, imaging, and archiving solution. After we acquire Acronis we moved some Disaster Recovery offerings from our portfolio.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the imaging capability which allows the user to find a cost effective DR solution.

What needs improvement?

Acronis needs to implement some kind of Real Time Backup or continuous backup feature.

If Acronis can launch a Real Time Backup/Byte level replication with Instant Recovery (High Availability), it can compete with any High End DR solution available in the market.

We had issues with stability during the initial stages. Now, the product seems to be perfect.

Scalability improved a lot from version 10.

I would give technical support a rating a seven out of 10. The second level support team is very good.

As a user or company, we found Acronis is beneficial in terms of support, product, and scalability. We used Symantec Backup Exec before.

It’s a straightforward implementation. You just need to configure what to backup and where to backup.

Pricing is a bit costly when we compared it with similar solutions and its brand value. But that’s fine when we consider the long-term.

We evaluated Symantec, Veeam, and ArcServe.

What other advice do I have?

Just follow the installation guide and review the pre-requisites properly.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We started as a customer and we start selling recently.