ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless Review

The entire system can be managed through a few VMs. Additional features other vendors have might be useful.

What is most valuable?

Being able to centralize the wireless environment using virtual machines and having all AP management in the same place (our data centers). This is very big because now we don't have to manage multiple devices out in the field. Costs also go down because now you don't have to worry about maintenance on those controllers.

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of having 100 controllers scattered around through the organization, the entire system can be managed through a few VMs at a centralized location.

What needs improvement?

Additional features other vendors have might be useful as well as an MDM integration.

5+ years

No, deployment was very simple to additional sites once the main system (VM) is up and running.

No issues were encountered on my end.

I believe as we kept adding more and more locations to the system, we began to “outgrow” the recommended resources, but since management is VM based, resources (memory, CPUs) were easily bumped up. New recommendations on their end appear to also have changed according to our experience.

Excellent. The customer service teams are very responsive and don't mind dropping by the office for meetings if needed.

Engineers who assisted us with the setup and the various random questions we threw at them for various scenarios over the years were very attentive and knowledgeable.

No previous solution used

The initial set-up was fairly straightforward because of the instructions provided. We also had assistance from support engineers as well with best practice suggestions.

In-house engineer took care of the work with vendor suggestions, but mostly in-house.

What other advice do I have?

To support scalability, ensure the product is used with a VM solution so resources can easily be added if needed.

1 Comment

author avatarit_user182595 (Sales)

Hello,
It seems as if you have set up your University well, its always good to see the benefits provided by a solution once you have completed a project. It sounds like less maintenance for you and your team and more time to focus on new projects or existing issues. Do you have any projects this year in particular that you are looking to accomplish?
Ex) Security, Back-Up, Authentication, Storage