Akana API Management Review

Its completeness feature for the large enterprises is the most valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

Its completeness feature for the large enterprises, in my case for the government, is the most valuable feature of this product.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to order the web service offerings of the state, so as to be consumed by other agencies.

It allowed us to publish and replace pre-essential transactions in one place, with a uniformity in terms of control and policies.

What needs improvement?

The version that we have is very old. Now, the product has new features that we are going to implement in the next few months, such as API management and analytic reporting.

We are also interested in the improvements of the graphical orchestration services.

I have used this solution for about six years.

For these years, there were no stability issues because of its architecture with clusters.

There were no scalability issues. We did perform stress testing after the implementation and obtained 6k TPS which is still a large number for us. Also, its clustered architecture allows us to scale out, if necessary.

When we required any tech support, we contacted Gabriel and Hussein who gave us superb service, in order to resolve issues and to implement new policies/requirements; they explained to us in a detailed manner, as of how to perform our requirements.

The initial setup was not performed by us, but we could follow a training webinar; it was straightforward.

For us, the pricing and licensing policies were for an on-premise installation with a fixed cost structure, that matched our budgeting policies.

What other advice do I have?

You should:

• Look in depth at your requirements.
  • Check the leaders at Magic Quadrant by Gartner.
  • Carry out a cost-benefit analysis.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are now resellers.