Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch Ethernet Switches Review

Feature-rich and customizable with excellent technical support and a lifetime warranty

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we implement this solution for our customers.

Our customers are in the hospital and hotel industries, as well as schools. This makes up part of the network solution.

What is most valuable?

We are able to customize this solution based on the customer's requirements.

There is a world-wide R&D team that collects feature requests that they use to enhance the product.

What needs improvement?

The price should be lowered so that we can capture more of the market for Ethernet switches.

In future versions, I would like to see improvements in networking speed.

We have been working with Alcatel-Lucent Ethernet switches for the past 13 years.

This is a stable solution. We don't normally face problems but if we do, there is a lifetime warranty on the switches.

This is a scalable product that we can either stack or expand.

We have customers of all sizes including small, medium, and enterprise-level organizations.

In the customers that are hotels, there are 400 to 500 guest rooms.

The technical support is excellent. If we are facing a problem then they are available online.

If we have a request for a special feature then we will give them the requirements and they will customize it for us.

I also have experience with Ethernet switches from Aruba, HPE, and Cisco.

The initial setup and configuration are very simple. The length of time required for deployment depends on the customer's site and the physical location of the equipment. On average, it takes about one week to install and deploy for a company in the hospitality sector.

For small to medium-sized companies, the configuration is quicker.

We have a few different teams. The implementation team will decide on the customer's requirements. There is also a design team and I am part of the service team.

The pricing is reasonable compared to Aruba and HPE. Cisco switches are more expensive but the others are almost equal in price. That said, if the price were lower then we could capture more of the market.

What other advice do I have?

All of the features in these switches are good. In most cases, everything that our customers need is already inbuilt.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch Ethernet Switches reviews from users