Amazon Kinesis Review

Processes data from hundreds to thousands of processes with very low latency

What is our primary use case?

We use it for:

• Security
  • DDoS attacks
  • Server application firewall
  • Kinesis makes it easy to collect the process
  • Real-time analysis
  • Streaming data

We can get insight and react quickly to new information.

What is most valuable?

Kinesis is in real-time. It enables you to process stream data in real-time. You can drive it in seconds or minutes instead of hours or days.

Kinesis is a fully managed program streaming application. You can manage any infrastructure. It is also scalable. Kinesis can handle any amount of data streaming and process data from hundreds to thousands of processes in every source with very low latency.

What needs improvement?

Kinesis is good for Amazon Cloud but not as suitable for other cloud vendors.

I have been using Amazon Kinesis for two years.

We have used their support before. They are quick to help. Support is very good. They can resolve an issue within ten minutes.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took two months.

There are 15 employees who work on it in my company. Some roles include myself as the team lead, support, and solution architects.

I have seen ROI.

What other advice do I have?

Kinesis has the best of Amazon: data streaming, building processes, data analytics, data in real-time are very good. The output and monitoring are easy. It has good performance.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Amazon Kinesis reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Amazon Kinesis. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.