Amazon Transcribe Review

A easy initial setup with good dashboards and good documentation

What is our primary use case?

Lately, I've been using AWS Transcribe for transcriptions. I do have some videos that are a client requirement that convert meetings and videos into audio so that audio can be used as an input factor of the transcript can get transcribed.

What is most valuable?

AWS Transcribe is the most useful feature for us right now. It allows us to easily transcribe meetings and videos.

Overall, the solution has been very useful.

We don't run into any issues with bugs or glitches.

The customization is good.

We haven't had any security issues.

The solution offers very nice dashboards.

The initial setup is very easy. They offer good documentation, which helps the process along.

What needs improvement?

Currently, I can't think of any features that are lacking. It does everything we need it to right now.

The UX and UI could be improved on the AWS console.

I've been using the solution for quite a long time. I started with it three years ago, now I think it's been more than two or three years at this point.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It seems to be reliable.

I pretty much just use the solution for my own personal learning only. I'm currently working on ten projects. There is also a client that I'm working with. They will be buying their own AWS console and they'll be using it. I might just scale them out with it.

Therefore, I haven't tried scaling yet. I may be trying to scale in a month or so.

I do plan to increase usage and take on more projects in the future.

I really haven't dealt too much with technical support. Mostly, I've been able to use their existing documentation to get the help I need if I run into any issues.

The initial setup is not complex. We found the implementation to be very straightforward and simple.

The product has very good documentation which I was able to access. It's on AWS and it helps us with aspects of the setup and troubleshooting.

The solution requires very little maintenance.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the assistance of a reseller or consultant.

I looked into various cloud services, and I found the pricing to be all pretty much the same AWS is pretty standard industry pricing.

I did look at Googe and Azure before ultimately choosing AWS which seemed to fit my requirements a bit better.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an AWS partner.

I'm using the latest version of the solution at this time.

I just come to our AWS console and I can look for new releases. I do some quick demo's and I try to understand what the releases are all about. I might keep findings for two or three months.

I'd recommend the solution to others. Their technology is top-notch.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Although when I first started using it, I wasn't the biggest fan, I've found it's met all of my requirements nicely.