Ansible Review

It has made our infrastructure more testable. We are more confident in what we are deploying will work.

What is our primary use case?

We use it to deploy our infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made our infrastructure more testable. We are able to build our infrastructure in CI, then are more confident in what we are deploying will work, not breaking everything.

What is most valuable?

It has been simple to get into, and we are able to get results out of it quickly. We automate across a bunch of different server and virtualization platforms and have been able to do that with Ansible across the board along with our networks.

What needs improvement?

For a couple of the API integrations, there has been a lack of documentation.

Three to five years.

Performance has been an issue on larger environments, but it has gotten a lot better over the past two years. So, we are seeing steady improvements there.

As long as there is a continued focus on improving performance and scalability, then it should meet our needs going forward.

We don't use Red Hat tech support. We support everything in-house.

We have written a lot of open source Ansible content. I work on the OpenStack Ansible project. So, we've done a lot of open source contribution and support all of our playbooks and roles in-house as well.

The initial setup is simple.

What other advice do I have?

The documentations are great. Everything is pretty well-documented.