AppDynamics Application Analytics Review

A good solution for application monitoring and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We were testing this solution and wanted to do application monitoring for our websites.

What needs improvement?

The user experience is quite confusing. There are too many different development stages. The UI is not very intuitive.

The solution can be improved with more AI as well as more automatic warnings and updates.

We have been testing the solution for one month.

The solution is very stable.

We had no issues with scalability. It was very good for us. At the time we were using it, we had about 30 users on the solution.

We only had a consultant that helped us during deployment and they were okay. Other than that, we never have had to reach out to technical support.

Compared to competitors, the initial setup was complex, but overall it was easy. Deployment took about eight hours.

We had a consultant from AppDynamics help us. They helped from time to time to fix any technical issues we faced.

We did market research and looked at many different options. We found that this solution wasn't available for permanent installation, which was something that we required. In the end, we decided to go with Dynatrace, a competitor of AppDynamics. It has the same features and from what I have seen, it is a lot better in general.

What other advice do I have?

We used the on-premises version of the solution.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. Although we've decided against AppDynamics, I would still recommend the product.