AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Review

Provides middleware tracking and helps improve code quality, but needs better technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is troubleshooting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the middleware tracking.

This solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements with respect to the visibility of the network. It currently provides visibility on the application side, but not on the network layer.

More visibility and granularity would improve this solution. I would like to see accommodation for millisecond granularity, as we only have one-second granularity now.

Approximately four years.

This solution is very stable, and I believe that it is enterprise-grade. We use this product very extensively.

This is a very scalable solution.

We currently have five users, who are all technical, but it can be scaled to many more.

I would rate their technical support a seven out of ten. Sometimes the queues to get to the concern are long. Then, if the issue is really complex then they need to try it out in their lab before they can create a fix. Sometimes the wait time is based on priority.

I was using Dynatrace before this solution, and I switched due to ease of use.

The complexity of the initial setup of this solution depends on the application that we are going to monitor. Normally, it takes four to five hours to set it up correctly in a normal environment. On the other hand, it can be complex as well. Typically, our turnaround time to have everything functioning would be about two days.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is looking into enhancing or improving their application code quality, I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.