Arbor DDoS Review

Easy to deploy and user-friendly, we can use the web interface or CLI to troubleshoot

What is our primary use case?

We are an internet service provider. We are using Arbor in our networks and it mitigates all attacks on our network. We are using BGP for traffic diversion.

How has it helped my organization?

When we implement Arbor in an organization it is protected against DDoS attacks. We also protect our services, our customers and their networks with it. We need Arbor or a similar solution in our organization.

What is most valuable?

It's very flexible and we can easily deploy it to our network. It's very user-friendly. We can do everything via the web interface and troubleshoot easily from the CLI. It's not complicated. I like the features.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the PPM module gives you an error. They improved it, they deployed a patch, and fixed it. Generally, if it gives you an error, you need to power it off and back on again.

More than five years.

It's more stable than its competitors. We haven't had any stability issues with it.

It's scalable.

Technical support is pretty good. Sometimes first-level engineers take too much time, but when they escalate to the engineers they solve our problems. So the first level of support, I am not sure about them, but the other levels are good.

They respond to our tickets.

We used Cisco Guard but Cisco no longer sells that solution. It was a very complex solution and our customer satisfaction was very low. We searched for a new solution and we liked Arbor.

It is easy to deploy. You can easily configure the interface, connect your network, and easily do the BGP configuration from the menu.

If you're deploying the TMS product, it takes about one hour for the physical deployment and configuration requirements. The Collector is easily done in TMS. Their inline solution, APS devices, is also easily done. It takes about a half an hour for an APS device.

We don't have a specific deployment strategy. For deployment, the minimum staff required is one security guy and one network guy.

We generally get support from Arbor engineers while we deploy.

We have gained from this product, and our customers are also satisfied with this solution. It helps with our profit. It's a good investment.

Arbor's products are very expensive. Their competitors are cheap when compared with Arbor. Now we are using Arbor, but in the future, if the price remains expensive, we might PoC the competitors. If we have the budget, we want to use Arbor, but in the future, if we have budget problems we may try other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Arbor's solution. I like it.

In terms of increasing the usage of Arbor, when we expand our networks, we open new sites or data centers, we always use Arbor. In the future, if expand out, we will use it again.

I rate it a nine out of ten because I have been using it for about eight years and it's very user-friendly, troubleshooting is good, and the reporting side is also good. It's easy to deploy and our customer feedback has been good. It's just that the pricing is very expensive, so I give it a nine.

Under Attack?