Aruba ClearPass Review

Excellent for securing local networks, very stable, and easily scalable

What is our primary use case?

My clients primarily use the solution to control access to the network or their sites. If a computer is not recognized by ClearPass, it won't be able to gain access.

What is most valuable?

The solution is extremely stable.

We find that at the end of the projects we manage, all functionalities perform quite well. We've tested it a lot and find it to be overall a very good solution.

It's excellent in terms of securing local networks for our clients.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to upgrade its user interface. Right now, it's not so user friendly, and it's an aspect that my clients' wish was improved upon.

The solution is quite large and complex in scope. If a person isn't familiar with the solution, they can quickly get overwhelmed with everything.

I've been installing the solution for one to two years now. The last project I worked on was around six months ago.

We have never experienced any bugs, crashes, or glitches. In my opinion, everything is stable. It's excellent. I'd say it's quite reliable in that regard.

The solution is very scalable. A company will be able to expand the solution to meet their needs as necessary.

In the past, we have reached out to technical support. During the implementation process, all the way through the project, we only had just one or two specific instances where their assistance seemed to take a long time. However, overall, I would say we are completely satisfied with their level of support.

While the installation itself is not difficult per se, the process you need to go through before installing the solution is complex. There are a lot of configurations to do on the firewall network and it can take a while, depending on the company.

While it's tedious before the installation, once you come to the actual installation itself, you'll realize it's not too bad.

We're working on a project right now that has ten deployments and that's taken us about four or five months. For this project, there have been five people involved in the deployment process.

We handle aspects of the implementation for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

We've partnered with HPE and Aruba.

I work at a service company. I go and install solutions for customers. I just handle the install for my customers. I don't use the software myself every day or on a regular basis. My role is one of a project technician and director. I'm an architect.

Our organization handles all sizes of companies from small to large enterprises.

If there's a company out there considering the solution, I'd just caution them to be ready.  There is a lot of configuration to do on all of the infrastructure. Other than that, it's an excellent solution. It's great for securing a local network. Security, at the end of the day, shouldn't have a cost. It's imperative to protect your business and to not worry so much about price tags, because it's even more expensive when you are unprotected and things go wrong.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Aruba ClearPass reviews from users