Aruba ClearPass Review

The advanced RADIUS functionality is the most valuable feature for us. It needs to be more intuitive to use with simplified administration.

Valuable Features

The advanced RADIUS functionality is the most valuable feature for us.

Improvements to My Organization

It is possible to connect corporate people and external people to the WiFi with certificates by doing CA and on-boarding for external people and traditional Radius for the corporate people.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to see improvement with RADIUS and guest on-boarding. It also needs to be more intuitive to use with simplified administration.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two to three years.

There were issues with High Availability and very important changes and issues with version upgrades.

There were no issues with the stability.

There were no issues with the scalability.

2/10 - it was very difficult to find the correct assistance. If we could find the right one, we would be happy.

We previously used Cisco NAC Guest Server and AMI GoPod. ClearPass is the evolution of AMI GoPod.

It was too complex. There is too much functionality in one device such as RADIUS, Guest, Provisioning, On-boarding, and NAC.

Implementation Team

The implementation was done in-house. It is the corporative authentication solution and the Guest Portal for the customer.

Other Advice

It is a very complete solution with some important functionalities, but it can be difficult to implement and the support is not the best.