Aruba ClearPass Review

The most valuable feature for us is the ability to manage each access point from a single application.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

As we are a reseller, we had it installed in our office for our customer test. Also, we were using it as our demonstration tool. I found ClearPass made our work easier as we were connected to WiFi on our laptop, meaning we weren't constrained to our desks.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the wizard to make things easier to manage. When we had the access point, I was not sure how to get it to work with Aruba. I tried to follow the guide from Aruba support and the internet, but found it very limited even though I went through one of the two-day technical presentations. The wizard needs to show what you need to configure and what needs to be in there in terms of users. In the end, I got support from one of the Aruba systems engineers to get it to work.

I've used it for one year.

We had no issues deploying it.

We have had no stability issues.

We have had no issues scaling it.

I got support from one of the Aruba systems engineers to get it to work, but I haven't had to use them for anything else.

Our prior solution was a bit complex to configure things prior to deployment.

We deployed it with assistance from our distributor.

What other advice do I have?

You should go for it.