Aruba ClearPass Review

If you max out the endpoint devices that you want to manage, you upgrade the license and can get more scalability.

What is our primary use case?

1. To improve overall security by segmenting the Guest and Corporate Vlan.

2. To Manage BYOD in the organization.

3. To provide visbility on my corporate network using one management dashboard   environment for the devices

How has it helped my organization?

Secure organization by completely segmenting the guest and corporate vlans SSID.

Less management and support effort on the management of BYOD.

Clear visibility on the LAN .

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be:

• Wireless segregation
  • Bandwidth segmentation
  • Prioritization
  • BYOD management
  • Overall visibility.

What needs improvement?

I would like the area of managing wired technology to be improved. Wireless is very good but I'm still struggling a bit to do my end to end configurations in the wired technology area.

The Virtual Machine for the Clearpass sometimes has issues with loosing the management IP

This solution is stable.

Scalability is fine because it's batched upon endpoint devices, and licensing. If you max out the endpoint devices that you want to manage, you just upgrade the license and get more scalability. The core server is running on virtualization, so you can expand the resources for you to be able to grow your server needs.

We previously used Cisco ISE. We switched because it was complex. Even the deployment was not straightforward. When I had Cisco ISE, it was still in the first version, 1.2. I heard people mention that version 2.2 is much more friendly, easy to deploy, and easy to use but I didn't get a chance to test that. I used Cisco ISE when it was what I would consider a very complex solution, difficult to install, and even understand. Even then, it was not meeting my requirements.

The initial setup was straightforward and the deployment took almost a month.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine.