ASG-Zena Review

Helps keep the business running 24/7 and has good integration

What is our primary use case?

We are looking to use Zena for automation on the mainframe but for now, we use it for scheduling batch jobs but only for Migos applications. We're looking to expand it for application planning on the mainframe.

We want it to mitigate human errors and do end to end batch processing. We only use it now for Linux and Windows. We want to use it for various platforms. Our IT Infrastructure is very diverse and we want Zena to replace human intervention.

I have been using ASG-Zena for around ten years.

It's pretty stable. We want it to also work with another ASG product for file transfers.

It's scalable. It works on various platforms which is important for us. We don't want a solution that only works on Windows. We have a complex IT infrastructure.

We have around ten applications running on it.

We have a good relationship with their local executives. Their support is good.

We didn't previously use a different solution. ASG meets all of our requirements.

The initial setup was pretty complex. We had big plans for it. We got the whole package but later on, the business realized they only needed a certain part. It's under-utilized in my company.

A partner did the installation for us. The deployment took around six months.

The installation required four of my team members and six employees from the partner. Four employees currently do the maintenance.

Our licensing costs have changed since we bought it. There are no additional costs to the standard licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten because we are happy with it.

I would recommend using this solution on Linux or AIX because the performance is better. It's more secure and stable.

We haven't had any problems since we installed it. It runs as expected, we haven't had any critical problems. It helps keep the business running 24/7.

There is a lot to learn from it. Zena can be used in many applications.

In the next release, I would like the user experience to be improved. The user interface should be more appealing to gen-z.