Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer Review

Helps easily connect different environments but monitoring functionality needs work

What is our primary use case?

We have used it since 2009, creating a new MFT platform based on it; upgraded over the years.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps connect different environments (zOS, Windows, *nix, and others) with minimal effort.

What is most valuable?

The capability to write for my specific needs, meaning the possibility of easily extending the product features to get what I need.

Also, it makes a logical link between the inbound/outbound transfer, and makes it clearly visible. This is a very important feature for managing transfer with different environments, and it's very helpful for troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

The areas in need of improvement are the monitoring and the cutoff management, when needed. Today you have at least two solutions: Buy the other Axway suite, Sentinel, or integrate it into your monitoring system.

Also, improvement in Data Encoding would be very appreciated (I'm thinking of ASCII-EBCDIC, ASCII-ASCII, etc.).

More than five years.

No issues. Up to today, the limits are related to the OS.

Not yet.

Very good support, a high rating for onsite, phone, and web support.

We chose this solution to extend functionalities, not to switch.

The setup is quite easy and very affordable for any sys admin. My experience is limited to Windows Server systems only.

Pricing and licensing are related to the protocols you choose to support.

At that time, 2009, there was a solution available from Sterling (today IBM) and another from Primeur.

What other advice do I have?

For basic functions it's easy to onboard, it just requires a bit of effort. To go further, it can be helpful to know a programming language (I choose Perl because I'm used to it).

It's a good product to work with.

1 visitor found this review helpful