CA ACF2 Review

Saves resources through fully automated reporting

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to be able to review log events through reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

This product makes us more efficient because of the reports it provides. Without the product, extracting this information may take us as much as several days. Instead, we can get it in real time.

What is most valuable?

The real-time reporting on the event logs is the only thing we need to use it for. The time it saves makes it very valuable to us and our allocation of resources.

What needs improvement?

Any solution that would eliminate manual intervention further is a great improvement. A solution that requires less in the form of manual processing saves more time and effort.

The user access review could also be improved. It produces a lot of false positives. Improvement that will minimize false positives and enhance the reliability of the results would be a welcome change.

We have been using this solution in our environment for a while but have not fully explored the capabilities.

I am actually not involved in a position where I would have to contact technical support myself. I have not heard any complaints about it but I don't know how often it is used either.

The product has replaced a variety of other solutions. We don't make the decision to switch, it is the users' decision based on their perceived needs. If users have a change in requirements that a current solution will not address, they will seek out a solution that meets their needs.

We want to eliminate human coverage as much as possible. It took some time, but we were able to implement this goal fully within six months. Right now it is pretty much used by our entire IT group. There is more in the capability that we can utilize and we are exploring those possibilities as well.

We used a consultant for the implementation. They had a lot of experience with the product and have implemented it for fortune 100 companies. It was a good experience.

Return on investment is the ability to allocate resources to other things. When you save someone days and weeks of effort by automating processes, that saves the employee resources and enhances possibilities for re-allocation and business growth.

It is important to evaluate different products and come to an agreement among the IT staff as to what is most important before going forward with a decision and implementation. Every solution has its own unique features and the popularity or brand of a solution may not mean it is tailored to your environment. If you do a lot of planning and research, you'll get the right solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the product about eight out of ten considering the wealth of automated processes. Removing the need for human intervention makes the product valuable. It is only an eight and not a ten because there is still room for improvement.